Thursday, February 25, 2021

Projects

The nesting has been really crazy with this baby.  Maybe because I have been pregnant through the winter so there is nothing else to do besides clean the house.  Well I have been working on a ton of different projects that I have had collecting dust for lots of years.  It was fun to actually get out my paints and other crafting things to get them done.  Here are some of the things I have been working on: 
The Boo and Joy blocks I have had since before Emily was born and the "Let Freedom Ring" stars are even older than that!  You can see why it is nice to get these things done.  I love how they turned out.  Charlotte's name board has been hanging around since she was one.  I never realized how long her name was until I made this sign.  The board I put the letters on was almost 3 feet long!  On well it turned out good too.  Finally I put together this "Run" sign to display all of my running medals.  Once it was finished, I realized that I might need a few more hooks if I am going to keep running and getting medals!  I really love how this turned out.
The last painting/wooden block project I finished was this beautiful Nativity Scene.  I got this project from an Enrichment Night at Relief Society probably 10 years ago.  I have been storing these blocks for that long trying to protect them from Russell and his wood projects.  I was so happy all of the pieces were there when I went to put it together.  I love how the cream colored vinyl really stands out on the navy blue.  Now I need to figure out where to display this when Christmas comes.  Charlotte loved helping me paint all of these blocks.  She was getting pretty good at painting by the time we were done with all of these projects. 

I have also been doing a lot of sewing:
This first quilt  is the quilt I made for Charlotte's bed.  When the kids move into their new big beds, I make them a quilt to go on it.  This quilt took longer than I thought it should have.  There was a lot of piecing together but I like how it turned out.  All of the colored triangles were from scraps of fabric I already had so I only had to buy the white and a little bit more black.  Charlotte loves it on her big bed.

These next quilts are for the new baby:

Well okay not all of them because that would be too many.  The two baby quilts on the right are for the baby.  The other two on the left are for Traci and Jacee.  They are both having baby girls in June.  These baby quilts were also made out of pieces of fabric I already had so I just had to buy the backing and the solid colors.  They were so easy to make and turned out so cute.  

Finally the Levi quilt is also for the new baby.  I know she probably won't use it for a few years but at least it is done.  We go through a lot of Levis in this family. I actually had enough Levi squares to make two quilts!  I only made one though because I was tired of sewing.  After tying and binding all these quilts, I was pretty much sewn out.  I am definitely taking a break from sewing for a minute.

Next, Charlotte has been working on some of her own projects:
She has finally learned how to write her name!  This was also another indication that our kid had a long name because there are a lot of letters to learn in order to write "Charlotte."  But she finally did it!  Now she loves writing her name and does a pretty good job of it.  She is also learning the names of all the letters and their sounds.  She has the upper case letters down, now we need to work on the lower case.  We received this huge chalkboard from Uncle Paul and she has loved drawing and writing on it with the sidewalk chalk. This is what finally gave her the motivation to write her name!

Finally, the biggest and most important project I have been working on it the growth of this cute baby:
After having Covid, my doctor wanted to do another ultrasound to make sure everything was still okay with the baby.  The tech said everything seemed fine with the baby and that she looked great.  As part of the ultrasound, they did 3D images of the baby.  We could actually see her cute face!  Look at her little nose and her cleft chin.  We can't wait to meet this little one for real!

On top of all of this, we have been getting out the baby clothes, crib, bassinet, and all the other baby things to get ready for her arrival.  We can't wait!

No comments: