Thursday, February 11, 2021

Wax Museum History Fair

This year the elementary school learned about Leaders in History and put on a Wax Museum History Fair.  Instead of the kids putting together poster boards or displays, they got to dress up as their character and become that person for the day.  They had to memorize a speech about that person and then tell everyone about it as they stood like wax figures in a museum.  This year Emily and Logan wanted to participate.  Colby loves learning about actual people in history but he did not want to stand up in front of everyone and talk.  Definitely understandable.  
Emily wanted to be Emma Smith.  She has loved learning about this great woman and how she overcame her trials through her faith.  Logan decided to be Neil Armstrong.  He also loved learning about this great astronaut.  

During the Wax Museum, they did a great job on their speeches.




Logan still recites his speech every now and then just to make sure he still has it memorized.  This is his speech: "I am Neil Armstrong.  I was the first person to walk on the moon.  When I was a kid, I loved airplanes.  I built so many airplanes they filled my room.  When I was 15, I took flying lessons and earned my pilot's license.  I was an engineer and test pilot before joining NASA as an astronaut.  Walking on the moon seemed impossible but I was used to doing impossible things.  You can do impossible things too by taking it one step at a time. 'One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!'"  

Emily also did a great job writing and performing her speech. "Hello I am Emma Hale Smith, the wife of Joseph Smith Jr. the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I was born on July 10, 1804 in Harmony, PA.  Joseph and I were married in 1827.  I was called and 'elect lady.' I helped Joseph translate the Book of Mormon.  I had to overcome many obstacles in my life like Joseph and me being kicked out of our home many times because of mobs.  I had to go through many obstacles that tested my faith.  By staying true to my faith and knowing my husband was a prophet of God, I overcame them. Like me, you can overcome your obstacles, big or small, if you have faith in your loving Heavenly Father's plan for you."

Great job kids!

No comments: