Friday, April 23, 2021

2 Weeks Old

Can you believe this cute baby has been in our family for two weeks?   We just love her!

Brooklyn has really kept us busy these last two weeks.  We have been busy watching her sleep:

Holding her and loving on her:


Watching her play and lay around:


Talking to her as she looks at us:

And just plain enjoying having a baby to love on.  She has really changed our lives because now everything we do revolves around her.  To tell you the truth though, she is a really good baby.  She is not cranky unless it is bottle time, and she is a really good sleeper.  One thing that has been a learning curve is knowing how much and how often she is suppose to eat.  Since this is our first time bottle feeding, it is all new.  Bottle feeding is really nice though because everyone can help out.  The big kids love feeding her bottles and it is good they are building that bond.  

I have dealt with a little bit of postpartum depression in the last couple weeks.  I feel bad about it now but when she would cry, I would think, why did we have another baby?  I also felt like I was not bonding with her as I should.  One day I just broke down in tears because of these feelings.  I really had to pray for help and talk it out with Russell before I felt better.  Now I look back and I can't believe I had those feelings because I love this girl so much! We have really bonded too because she loves me the best!  I don't know if it was just lack of sleep or Satan or a combination of both but I really had to tell myself to get out of the pit and pull myself out with the help of Russell and the Lord.  I am much better now thankfully.  I can't stop looking at this sweet face and knowing how blessed I am.

This picture makes me laugh.  All of the doctors and mommy bloggers and everyone says Tummy time is really good for babies.  Well all of my kids have hated it!  This is what Brooklyn thinks of it... Baby Torture.  So yeah we do not do it as often as recommended.
Since Charlotte is now a big sister, she is now big and can make her own lunch.  She has really grown up since Brooklyn came home.  Charlotte sure loves her little sister... Sometimes a little too much.  It is fun to see them together though and hear Charlotte talking to Brooklyn.
Happy 2 weeks old Brooklyn.  Thank you for changing our lives for the better!

No comments: