Monday, May 3, 2010

Becca's Baptism

May 1 was Becca's (my niece) baptism. Russell and I decided to make a weekend trip out of the baptism so we headed up to Fillmore after Russell got off work on Friday. My parents and younger brother, Clint decided to go up on Friday too. That night, we played Rook until almost 2 in the morning. I don't remember the score but I am pretty sure the GIRLS WON! although the boys might argue that point. (Hee Hee). The next morning, we all prepared for the baptism and waited for the rest of our family to arrive.
The baptism was so great! You could definitely feel the Spirit so strong. We were so excited for Becca and her decision to be baptized.
Here is Becca in her pretty white dress after the baptism. I made this scripture case for her as a gift. The bag turned out pretty cute which is good because I didn't have a pattern and just kind of wing dinged it. I am working on a tutorial to post if anyone is interested. Hopefully it is coming soon.
Lacie, Becca, and Klint after the baptism.

After the baptism and lunch, all of the kids just wanted to play outside in the nice weather. Emily and Tyrel loved being pulled in the wagon by Taylor...

...especially when she would run with it! These three kids love playing together and could do so for hours. I am glad Emily has cousins around her age to play with.

Later that night after everyone had left, Klint and Lacie took us to the warm springs near Fillmore. It was pretty cool that the water was so warm. As you can tell from this picture all of us had coats on because it was cold outside. The water, however, was warm enough to swim in. We didn't go swimming in it but it felt like a hot tub when we put our hands in it.

Emily was so mad that I wouldn't let her down to run around but I knew she would go right into the water. Yeah I know I am a mean mom!

If you will look at the first few pictures the weather is sunny and nice. Well it didn't last. During our Rook game on Saturday (the boys won this night {boo!}) it started SNOWING! Yeah since when does it snow in May?! Well as you can tell from this picture, we woke up to a white Christmas. Crazy huh! I guess that means it was time to head back to sunny St. George.
Russell was supposed to stop in Cedar to get his preceptor to sign a paper for him but he realized he forgot the paper at home. (bummer) So we had to drive home and then turn around and drive back to Cedar. When we got to Cedar, his preceptor told us he had just got called to transport a patient to DRMC and asked if we could just meet him down there. So we turned back around and headed back to St. George. Finally we got the paper signed. The trip was definitely an adventure.
The weekend was really fun and relaxing. I am glad we got the opportunity to spend time with Lacie and her family and celebrate Becca's baptism. Thanks for the fun weekend!

No comments: