Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there! I also had a great Mother's Day. First, we went to church and my little primary kids did a great job singing to their moms in Sacrament Meeting. (I am the Primary Music Leader). I was so proud of them! After church, we had dinner and Russell let me relax while he cleaned up and did the dishes. It was so nice!
These are the gifts I got. A beautiful picture of a mother leading a daughter, and a pillow that says "Motherhood: The toughest job you'll ever love" Isn't that such a true statement!

For my mom and Russell's mom I made these picture frames. I saw the idea at Deseret Book but they were like $20 each and the picture hole was small, only a 4x6, and they looked kind of flimsy. I found these wooden frames at Wal-Mart for $3 and knew it was the perfect size for the saying. My sister, Terral, has a Cricut that cuts vinyl lettering so I had her cut out the saying. After painting the frames and applying the lettering, I found the perfect picture of the grand kids to put in the frames. I think they turned out really good and I think they look better than the ones at Deseret Book. My mom and mother-in-law loved them!!

Being a mother is so fun especially with a 19 month old. She does the funniest things sometimes. This picture explains just one of the funny experiences. I had put Emily to bed the other night and she usually plays or reads books for a while until so falls asleep. When I went in to check on her later, this is what I found! She had taken off her diaper! I couldn't believe it. I didn't know if I should wake her up to put it back on or just leave it off. I decided to leave it off because she has not had a wet diaper for a long time. The next morning, when she woke up, I asked her where her diaper was. She started lifting up her blankets and moving things looking for it and asking "Where it go?" When I told her to look on the ground she said "Ohhh!" and started giggling! I asked her why she did it and if that meant she didn't need diapers any more and she shook her head yes. I couldn't help but laugh!

Happy Mother's Day... Enjoy all of the moments with your kids!

No comments: