Monday, June 14, 2010

Big Girl Bed!

I have never really been a fan of garage sales mostly because I didn't want to get up early on a Saturday to go search through other people's stuff. But now I get up early on Saturday's to get my Bountiful Basket so on my way home, I drive by the garage sales. If something looks cool, I will stop and go look. Lately, I have been finding some pretty cool things. This week I found Emily a cute little toddler bed!

It is a really nice bed. It is all wood and quite sturdy. The lady I bought it from only used it a few times for her grand kids so it is in really good shape. Brand new this bed is about $100 plus the mattress is about $20. I was able to buy both for $20, a $100 savings!!! I was pretty excited and so was Emily. I have been looking for a bed for Emily for a little while now because I think she is getting too old for her crib. I figure if she is old enough to be potty trained, she is old enough to be out of the crib.
Emily loves her new bed. When it was time to go to bed, I tried to put her in her crib and she got all mad. She said, "No! Big Bed." and ran and jumped on her new bed that was still in the living room. Russell and I just laughed and started taking down her crib. After we hauled the new bed into her room and got it all set up, we showed her how to kneel by her bed to say her prayers. It was so cute. The bed is just the perfect size for her. After prayers, she jumped into her bed. The one thing I don't like about the new bed is that Emily can get out of it! The crib was nice because she was trapped so she had to go to bed. Now, lies down for a minute and then gets up so we have to tell her to get back onto bed. She is getting better though, luckily. It is not fair that my baby is growing up too fast!

No comments: