Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there! We had a great Father's Day at our house. Russell said he had a very good time and he loved all of his gifts especially the hugs and kisses! His favorite part of the day was being called off from work! Russell was scheduled to work the 6L shift but when he went in that morning, there were 3 people scheduled so he asked if he could go home and his manager said "Yeah, Happy Father's Day!" He was excited!

Here Russell is showing off his fun gifts. Emily was excited for him to open his presents until we put her pancakes in front of her. Then she was too busy eating!


I made Russell and our dad's a cute little tool box made out of Altoids tins. I think they turned out cute except I am not very good at painting with spray paint because I don't have enough patience to wait for the paint to dry. Inside the tool boxes, Russell and I put gift cards to Sportsman's Warehouse for our dads. Inside Russell's tool box, I made a coupon book of things he wants, like a back massage, car wash, etc.
I also made these cute shirt & tie cards for our dads. I must say they turned out cute too!


Emily had fun helping me make this gift for Russell. I have always liked this poem and have been wanting to make this frame ever since Emily was born so I figured this was a perfect opportunity. Russell loved it. I think he was almost tearing up while he was reading the poem!


Another fun craft we made for Russell was this Popsicle stick puzzle. All I had to do was find a cute picture of Russell and Emily and glue it to some Popsicle sticks. Russell had a good time putting the puzzle together with Emily's help.

Emily also had a good time helping me with this classic Father's Day gift. We had to practise making her hand print so it would be perfect when we put it on the tie. Without telling him what I was doing, I asked Russell to give me one of his ties he never wears any more so of course he gave me the ugliest green tie he could find in our closet. But he was excited when he saw what we had done with the tie and wore it proudly to church showing it off to everyone.
My primary kids did an awesome job singing to their dad's in church. I was so happy for them. The nursery kids also came up and sang with the rest of the primary. We sang Daddy's Homecoming, When Grandpa Comes, and Fathers.


Finally, I made Russell this garbage can for his car because his car needs help! (OK I also made one for my car too because they both need help!) They were actually really easy to make and I was able to make both of them during Emily's (and Russell's) nap time. And again I think they turned out pretty cute.
Russell also got a holster for his concealed weapon. He was pretty excited about that too because now he can carry his pistol while wearing shorts unlike his ankle holster that he has to wear pants with.
All in all we had a great Father's Day and we hope everyone else did too! Happy Father's Day!

No comments: