Wednesday, November 10, 2010

24 weeks

Well I am 24 weeks along now. When I tell people I am 6 months pregnant, they think I am joking but it is true.
Here is my 24-week belly! This is kind of a dumb picture because it looks like I am about ready to puke but I'm not. I am feeling really good. I am starting to feel the baby kick a lot more lately. During the ultrasound last month, we found out I have an anterior placenta meaning the placenta is in front of the baby. The doctor said nothing was wrong with that I just won't feel the baby kick as much right now because he will be kicking the placenta instead of my ribs. Feeling the baby kick is definitely my favorite part of being pregnant. I love it. This month the doctor measured me and said that he thought the baby was a little small but not enough to change my due date. I should measure 24 inches but I'm only 23 or 23.5. So the due date is still February 27 but I am thinking I can hold him in for a couple days so he will be born in March. No one in my family has a birthday in March so it would be cool to have a March baby.
We are still struggling with selecting a good name. We know his middle name will be Elwood because that middle name goes back 5 generations but it is hard to find a first name to go with it. The names we are kind of throwing around are: Colby, Ben, Trevor and AJ. Every time we start talking about names, Emily cuts right in and says, "BABY APPLE!" She is set on naming the baby Apple so AJ so far stands for Apple Jack. We will decide sooner or later; we still have 4 months so I'm not too worried about it yet.
This picture is just a random one of Emily. She loves grabbing the broom and riding it around the house saying "YEEHAW! Ride the Horse!" She is so funny, sometimes I just laugh at the things she says and does.

1 comment:

The Nielson Bunch said...

Looking cute and pregnant! Enjoy those little kicks. It goes by so fast. That little man will be here before you know it. Glad to hear your feeling better and baby is doing well.