Thursday, November 11, 2010

November means...

November means time to get ready for Christmas! Well at least get all of my Christmas projects done ahead of time so I'm not scrambling to get it all done the week of Christmas. I have a long list of crafts and projects to work on for Christmas this year because Russell and I are doing all homemade gifts this year. One project I finished this week is a present for Emily. I made her a Russian Nesting Doll:
I ordered the plain wood doll from Amazon and then painted them to represent our family. There is me, the big mama, Russell, with his awesome Pres Monson tie, Emily, Baby Apple (I am assuming he will play baseball someday), and a future baby dressed in generic yellow. I think they turned out really good. I sprayed them with a clear coating after I finished so I am hoping that will protect them a little so they don't get ruined while being played with. Russell's mom has one of these Russian Dolls and it is one of Emily's favorite toys to play with at her house so I think she will like this gift.

I am currently working on making a Christmas Advent calender out of felt. I am trying to get it done before December 1. So I have less than a month. My mom made one when we were younger and she said it took her a year to make. That got me kind of discouraged but I am going to make it in a month if I have to stay up late some days! Wish me luck. I will keep you posted on all of my finished projects.

1 comment:

The Nielson Bunch said...

Cute gift! Do you want to make me a calendar? If I tried to make one it would take me more than a year. ;)