Saturday, September 24, 2011

Swiss Days

Today was the annual Swiss Days in Santa Clara. I have lived in St. George all my life and never been to Swiss Days. I decided that needed to change so we got up bright and early and headed to the parade at 9:30. Because I had never been there before, I didn't know where we could park and not park so I just parked at the Santa Clara library. I loaded the kids up in the stroller and headed down the road. It was then that I realized that the Town Hall was a lot further from the library than I thought. (It doesn't seem far in driving distance, but pushing a stroller loaded with kids it is kind of far.) Any way we made it to the parade route and Emily had a blast watching the parade. Emily loved waving at all of the people on the floats and gathering the candy. She even remembered to bring her own candy bag from home. The bad thing about it was we were sitting toward the end of the parade so by the time everyone got to us, they were all out of candy. Emily was kind of disappointed that she didn't get a lot of candy but she soon got over it.


After the parade we walked through the booths and saw all of the crafts and products people were selling. I like looking at all these booths because I get ideas of things to make on my own. I am too cheap to buy anything but I will take pictures and mental pictures of the things I like... hee hee.


One of the booths were making prairie rings for the kids. They were doing hands on crafts and Emily got to bend her own ring and then the boys helping shaped it and sized it to fit her little finger. Emily loved it and is so proud of her ring. She is still wearing it and showing it off.


On the hike back to our car, we passed an awesome Buzz Lightyear cow! We had to stop and take a picture because it was so cool. By the time we got back to the car, we were sweating even though it is the end of September! I felt bad for the kids because they were so hot too. I gave Emily her water bottle and gave Colby mine. He LOVED it and tried his best to get suck the water out but it was too heavy to lift. I had to help him get a few sips before getting in the car myself. Then to top it off, our car has no A/C! There is a leak somewhere in the lines so we have to recharge it with Freon at the beginning of summer and by the end of summer it has usually ran out of freon. Since it should be the end of summer, we no longer have A/C. Luckily we don't live very far from the Santa Clara library and we soon made it home to our Otter Pops! Yum yum!


Colby has officially out grown his car seat! Here he is in his new seat. I think he likes it. When I was researching car seats I was amazed at what they recommend. They (whoever "they" are) recommend kids ride in a rear facing car seat until they are two or like 35 pounds! If that were the case, Emily should still be in a rear facing seat. I really don't think she would like that very much. They did say though that even though your child is over 20 pounds, he should still be in a rear facing seat until he is at least one. That made me feel better because I had only heard that if they were over 20 lbs they could face the front but I was worried that Colby was still too young to face front even though he was over 20 lbs. Any way Colby is in a new convertible car seat that faces the rear but can also face front when he gets old enough.

Any way, enough of my car seat info. We had a great time at the Swiss Days and it was worth going to.

No comments: