Sunday, October 30, 2011

4-Wheeling

A Fun adventurous 4 wheeling trip with my Brother and Sister


During the week of the Deer hunt I took off some time from work to go hunting and take some long needed time off from work. I was figuring on taking the whole week and using it to hunt, but instead my hunt ended at 0945 opening morning when I got my deer. I promised my brother that we would go 4 wheeling on Saturday regardless if I got a deer or not. Traci was an added bonus to the trip. She was supposed to go on a hike with her friends in the singles ward but got ditched. She worked so hard on getting her homework that week that she was determined to to do something fun that day. We took off with the four wheelers up to Utah mountain just off of highway 91 where I shot my deer. It was an adventurous excursion. This is Traci and me on the top of the mountain looking over just south of St. George. Before we got to the top op the mountain, we had a few little crazy close calls. We took a side road that I thought was good to go down. One of the roads had a little dip in it and I went to back up to get Tyler and instead of just backing up my four wheeler decided to buck me side ways and off, and the next thing that I knew the four wheeler was on its top and I was luckily on my feet away from it not hurt. Yeah I was grateful that I was being watched out for that day. I ended getting it back up on its wheels before my brother saw and made fun of me. The next adventure was we went up another road that again was a dead end and we turned around, or at least Tyler and I did. Traci, who was on Dad's beast of a 500 Polaris, decided to have me turn it around. I thought it would be easy, yeah right. This beast does not even move like mine so it was awkward to do. Then the wheels started to spin and the beast started sliding down the hill side ways. Instead of messing with turning it around I found a clearing just down the hill. I jumped on and took off down the hill blazing my own trail and flipped around and roared back up the hill to the only clearing to go through that barely fit the wheeler. This is my hand after a tree branch decided to connect with it. After those two adventurous side trips, we decided to stay on the road and go to Indian springs. We all had a great time and we were glad that we were being watched over that day.


There was a lot cool things to see and go through as we made our way down the mountain. One was this big cotton wood tree where Tiffany's brothers and dad have lunch when they come up and four wheel. It has so much shade and it is so quiet. Just down the road a ways there is a stream that goes down through the road. I was able to show Tyler and Traci where I shot my deer and how far away it was. We stayed out for a couple of hours and headed back for the Halloween party at Tiffany's mom's house. On the way back down the mountain there was a family with truck that had a flat. I stopped off to see what Tyler and I could do. The guy had costume rims on and he had the socket but no wrench. I told him that I had a star wrench at the truck I would bring it up if I think it fits. We got back to the truck and I looked at it and I was not sure it would work. I started to think to myself it is late you are going to be late for the party so do not worry about it and just go home. Then the thought came to me and it said just go help them and see, what will it hurt, if it fits it fits. It was just 3 miles up the mountain. I listened to my gut and put the star wrench in the four wheeler box and headed up the mountain as fast as I could. I reached the family and put on the wrench and it was too big. I started brain storming on how could we get these lug nuts off. I put on the socket and looked on the wrench from their trunk that had a prying tip on it and put it on the end of the socket and began to turn and what do you know one popped free. The owner and I were way excited that I was able to get off the lug nuts. We put on the spare tire and luckily the star wrench fit to put the tire on. The family was way excited that they could finish their hunt and not have to wait two hours for a family member to come from Mesquite. I was way excited that I was given the chance to think of another option to get the lug nuts off. We all had a great time together that day.

No comments: