Saturday, October 15, 2011

Painting Pumpkins

Emily and I definitely had a fun day yesterday. While we were with our play group at the park, one of the moms mentioned that they were going to paint their pumpkin today. Emily heard this and asked me if we could paint our pumpkin too. I thought that would be a fun activity so when we got home, I pulled out all of my paints and we went to town on our pumpkin.


While we were painting, I guess the neighbor girl, Teryn, saw us because she came running out of her house and across the street. I handed her a paint brush too and she started helping us paint. Soon Teryn's twin brother, Trayton, came walking by and wanted to paint too. I handed him a brush and he wanted to use the black paint. Needless to say, our pumpkin had a lot of black on it! Next thing I know, Teryn had ran down the street to get Brittlyn and Colton. They also came running up the street to our house and wanted to help.

Our simple activity of painting our pumpkin turned out to be a party! Emily was so excited to have all of her friends over and they all had fun painting and getting dirty! All of the kids had their favorite colors to paint with but my favorite artist was Colton. He wanted to paint with dirt! He would use his paint brush as a shovel and scoop up some mud and then slap it on the pumpkin. I couldn't help but laugh! I did manage to paint a face on the pumpkin before all of the kids kicked me out of the way. I originally told them to only paint on the back of the pumpkin so I could have the front but after a while, they ran out of room on the back and had to move to the front. It was a lot of fun and I think our pumpkin turned out really good! Emily is so proud of it.

On Thursday, I made this cute Halloween wreath at Relief Society Enrichment night:

I like it and it was really easy to make. It is just made out of tulle tied in knots around a wreath. I usually don't go to Enrichment activities because I am too shy to talk to anyone but I finally got out of my shell and went. I am glad I did because it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed talking with the ladies in my ward. Maybe this is a new leaf I am turning over.


***To make your own wreath, click here***

No comments: