Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcoming 2013!

Welcome 2013!  We have another exciting year ahead of us.  2012 was a good year full of a new career as a Fire Fighter, new calling as Primary President, trips to Fish Lake and Oregon, continual learning and growth for the kids, and finding out we are expecting our third child!  We are looking forward to this new year as one of more adventures.  The first thing we are looking forward to is welcoming our third child in about a month!  This pregnancy has gone by really fast for me it seems. 

I don't have any big new years resolutions this year.  I would like to just relax and not stress out so much which will be interesting to learn how to do especially after adding another kid!  One resolution I have for Colby is to get potty trained.  A resolution I have for Emily is to learn her numbers.  She knows her letters great but now we need to work on the numbers.  She can count to 20 but has a hard time recognizing the numbers and writing them so that is our goal this year.  Russell's goal this year is to stay in shape and avoid sweets! 

To celebrate the New Year, the White's in our ward invited us over to play games.  We had a fun time.  We brought pizza and some other treats for dinner.  Emily and Colby love playing with their boys and they had fun watching movies, doing a craft, and "playing" Go Fish and Crazy Eights.  The adults had fun playing Catch Phrase and Scategories.  It was nice to get out of the house and hang out with some other couples.  By the time it was 10 pm we called it a night and headed home.  They wanted to put their kids to bed and we needed to also.  I worked all day that day on W-2's and end of the year payroll quarterlies so I was tired too and had a major headache.  Unfortunately being pregnant you can't take anything at least I don't know if you can so I just wanted to go to bed.  I laid down with Colby and we were both out within minutes.  Poor Russell had to ring in the New Year alone.  He did it by watching Hunger Games!  I woke up slightly at 11:59 and heard the city's fireworks go off but was still too tired to get up and watch.  Russell said they were good.  Well we are definitely the party-ers aren't we?! 

Well we are ready for the new year and I finally got some baby projects done so I am a little more ready for the new baby too.  Welcome 2013!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Sounds like a fun New Years. I am sorry Emily broke her arm. That isn't a fun Christmas. Poor girl You can take Tylenol (acetaminophen) when you are pregnant. I get bad headaches when I am pregnant (and when I'm not) and that is when my doctors have told me I can take.