Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Bidding Farewell to 2014

What a great year 2014 has been.  We have had many adventures and fun times together as a family.  Probably our biggest adventure this year was our big road trip to South Dakota in June.  This trip was so fun that we are already wanting to go back!  
Logan has grown so much this year.  He has learned to walk and talk and copy everything he sees and hears.  He has his own little personality and knows what he wants in life.  Logan started going to Nursery this year and he loves it. In fact he leaves us after Sacrament Meeting and goes to Nursery by himself.  Logan thinks he is as big as everyone else and is not afraid to try things.  He is learning so much and can already say his ABC's and identify O, Q, S, M, and B.  He is not even 2 yet!
Colby is also getting so big!  He loves Spiderman and playing outside on his bike or scooter.  Colby is a very routine oriented child.  He likes things to happen a certain way or he lets you know what's up.  We always have nap time or quiet time after lunch everyday.  The other day Colby finished his lunch, told me he wanted marshmallows for his nap snack and then went to lay down.  I didn't even tell him to.  By the time I got his marshmallows, he was already asleep.  He put himself down for a nap!  I couldn't help but laugh.  Colby is also learning a lot.  He can write his name and knows all of his alphabet.  He even knows most of his numbers up to 10.  Emily's kindergarten teacher was very impressed with him and told me that many kindergartners don't know those things when they come to kindergarten.  That made me feel better because Colby has his own mind and teaching him has been a lot different than Emily.  In order for Colby to cooperate with learning, it has to be his idea and then he can learn so fast but if I try and force him he will not do it at all.  It is amazing how each child is different.
Emily is now 6 which means she is all grown up (in her eyes).  She started Kindergarten this year and absolutely loves school.  Emily is one of the top in her class and helps the other kids learn as well.  She loves playing with her friend, Brielle, and these two girls have so much fun together.  Emily also loves to read and is on a first grade level.  By the end of first grade the kids should be on level 18 in the leveled reading program and Emily is already on level 15 and she is in Kindergarten.  She has also picked up on Math really quickly too.  Emily makes friends really easily and every time I go help in her class the kids ask me if Emily can come over to their house for a play date.  I am glad she is doing so well.
Russell started back to school this year.  He originally was planning on going into the RN program but then switched to Emergency Management.  He has learned a lot about homeland security, management of an EMS agency and more.  He is doing really well and has gotten A's so far.  With all of his training at the Fire Department, he was able to receive his Associates of Fire Science degree from UVU.  Russell has also started testing at different fire agencies again and recently scored very well with the Logan City Fire Department.  He ranked third overall which is awesome.  We are still waiting to hear back from the chief but it is looking good.  Who knows we might be moving to Logan... Brrr!
I have also been busy with everything.  I looked back on the goals I made for 2014 and I am sad to say that I don't think I did very well on accomplishing them...  I did really well for the first half of the year but then the summer and vacations, and holidays and birthdays all seemed to distract me.  Well I hope to do better next year.  One thing I feel I was successful in this year was getting back into shape and working out and running.  I was able to accomplish one bucket list goal of running a half marathon.  I have really enjoyed getting back into running and I like feeling healthy while I am running and afterward.  Another big change in my life this year was being released from being Primary President and being called to the Relief Society Presidency.  This was a big shocker to me and it took a while to adjust but I am adjusting.  I still feel very inadequate but I am trying.
Well we had a great year in 2014 and are looking forward to more adventures in 2015.  Some of the things we have to look forward to are: a wedding for Traci in May, a new baby for Jess in June, and a possible mission call for Tyler.  2015 is looking like a good year.
Here is a little teaser of what is to come in 2015.  Yep, snow!  It snowed on New Year's Eve and through the night so when we woke up, the first day of 2015 we played in the snow.  

Goodbye 2014!

No comments: