Monday, August 31, 2015

Berry Picking

The kids and I took a weekend trip down to St. George to visit family this week.  My childhood friend, Kadee Woolsey, was having her mission farewell so I was not missing it.  Kadee's family is strong Lutheran and we all knew this so a couple years ago when Kadee told us she was getting baptized we were surprised but excited for her.  A year ago, I was also able to attend the temple when she received her endowments.  I was really happy to see her excitement about receiving her mission call to Federal Way, WA.  Even though we had moved out of town, I did not want to miss her mission farewell. 
Kadee did an awesome job on her talk and I know she will be an amazing missionary.

Also while we were in St. George, We took a fun trip up to General Steam to pick blackberries.  There were not many but enough to keep us busy for a little while.

We had a blast picking berries and wrestling the thorns to get to the best ones.  We all came home scraps and scratches on our arms and legs but we also came home with a couple of bags of berries which my mom made into yummy jam.

We also met a nice little friend, Tarantula.  It was in the berry bushes and when we found him, we decided we had enough berries and called it quits.  It was also dinner time and my dad was calling for us to tell us the hot dogs were ready.  This was a really fun outing with the Hughes.  

The kids and I headed home on Monday after a fun weekend.  This was a really fun trip but we were happy to be back home too.

No comments: