Sunday, August 23, 2015

Top of Utah Half Marathon

I ran my third half marathon this weekend; the Top of Utah Half Marathon.  I had a great experience and got my personal best time of 1:51 (8:30 min/mile).  I think the reason this was such a better race this time was because I was better trained because I am training for the marathon and because I had ran this course multiple times so I knew what to expect.  Either way, it was a really fun race.

Oh, and along the way, I had my own personal cheerleaders! They were pretty amazing.  I saw Russell and the kids at mile seven.  When I heard their cheers and saw their signs, I totally caught a second wind and got a huge energy boost from them.  I was so glad they were there.

Here are some pictures of me along the way at mile seven, ten and a half, and finally the finish line.

As always, I was really excited to finish especially when I knew I had gotten a good time.  After the race, met up with my awesome family and my little cheerleaders.  They were so happy for me.



We found out that Emily's first grade teacher was running the race too so when Emily spotted her, she had to get a picture with her as well.
The after race food was really good too. Great Harvest bread, chocolate milk, Fat Boys, and of course bananas, oranges and Gatorade.  I think I took more than my share but it was really good...

Here are my results and my finisher medal.  Now on to the Top of Utah Full Marathon coming up in a month!

That night, we hung out with our neighbors up in Left Hand Fork.  We had a fire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. 

This was such a fun night with the Jones', Halogen's, and Maxfield's.  It has been nice to meet new friends and hang out with them.  The kids had a blast playing in the dirt together too.

We all came home  dirty and smelling like a camp fire.  What a fun day!

No comments: