Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!  I had a great Mother's Day.  My chemo treatments were supposed to start a few days ago but were postponed because I am not fully healed yet.  I was not too sad about that because that meant I was able to enjoy Mother's Day without being sick!  

I love being a mom to these four yahoos.  They definitely keep me on my toes and keep life interesting.
Russell and these four kiddos are the reason I am alive, the reason I have to fight this cancer tooth and nail.  I cannot give up because I have to live for them.  I want to see theses kids grow up and be there for them when they get married and have families of their own.  I am not looking forward to the time they grow up and leave me because I am enjoying this time I have with them right now.  I love these little knot heads!

On Friday Colby had a Mother's Day Tea with his kindergarten class.

I loved attending the Tea and watching the little program the kids put on for us moms.  It was so great.  I don't know if I was just overly sensitive because of everything going on in my life or what but I was in tears during the whole program.  The songs they sang, their cute little faces, and the story Mrs. Murdock read just touched my heart and I was choking back tears.  Then I looked around the room and I was not the only mom crying.  It was a great little program.  Then like a little gentleman, Colby served me some cake and lemonade and we ate it together.  Love you little man!

On Sunday morning the kids woke me up with their gifts.  I got some awesome homemade cards and my favorite candies from all of the kids.  Then I opened my present of new dishes which was just what I wanted! The kids had been fighting over having to use "baby" plastic plates so now they have glass plates that are just the size they need.
At church all the women got Symphony chocolate bars.  (The good stuff!)  Charlotte thought she was being funny by stealing my chocolate.  I gave her a little tiny piece and she was in heaven.  After that she would not let go of the bar until Russell took her out in the stroller and she fell asleep.  Smart girl, she knows what is good.   During primary the other kids made some more cards and got me more candy.  It was great.
The rest of the day was spent chilling at home.  I took a blessed nap while Russell cooked us a nice dutch oven dinner.  Russell and the kids also made this yummy ice cream cake.  It was so delicious.  I think Russell should cook more often.  I think he makes better food than I do.  Thank you for a great Mother's Day.  I love you all!

No comments: