Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Canyon Colt Leadership Run 2017

Emily and Colby have been part of the Canyon Running Club.  They practice twice a week and are getting very good at running long distances.  They are up to 1-1.5 miles.  Russell has enjoyed running with them during practice and is a parent coach on the team as well.  One of the big races for the year was the Canyon Colt Leadership Run.  It is a 5k or 1-mile race the school uses as a fundraiser for the Leader in Me program the school uses.  There is always a great turn out and almost every kid in the school and their family runs the race.  

This year Emily, Colby, and Russell ran the one mile race.  They did very well finishing in 12 minutes.  They ran together and cheered each other along.  It was fun to see them sprint to the finish line at the end.  Logan was sad that he had to stay behind with Charlotte and me.  Maybe next year we will let him run.  I was not able to run last year because I was pregnant and I was not able to run this year either because of this dumb cancer and mastectomy surgery.  Maybe next year for me too.  I miss running so much and I want to get back into it soon.  Hopefully when this whole cancer journey is over, I can start running and training for races again.  In the meantime, Russell is loving running with the kids and having fun with them

No comments: