Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Bear Lake Trip

With chemo really taking over our summer this year, rather than vacations, we have been doing more 'stay'cations instead.  Over Labor Day, we had a blast at Bear Lake with our friends, the Checketts and the Halligans.  Originally we were not planning anything. Then the Halligans said we all should do something together over the weekend like camping or something.  The Checketts said they usually spend the day at Bear Lake and then invited us all to go with them.  Russell and I thought that would be really fun and I was feeling much better that week so we decided to go along.  The kids had a blast playing in the water with all of their friends.  We all had a good time.  
All four kids were like fish in the water and did not want to get out.  They splashed around on the tubes, fun noodles, and paddle boards.  They loved just hanging out with their friends all day.  I don't think Emily came out of the water except to eat lunch!

Even Charlotte had a great time playing in the water.  She liked to sit on the edge of the water and just kick and splash.  She loved picking up the rocks and throwing them in the water.  I had to watch her pretty close though because she kept trying to crawl into the deeper water.  She would get mad whenever I took her out of the water. 

Not only did they have fun in the water, but they also loved building motes and sand castles.  Here is a picture of Colby building his very own pond to sit in.  Unfortunately the waves kept crashing the little dam he made so the water kept going out of his pond.  Oh well it was fun anyway. 
These three musketeers are so fun to watch when they play.  They get along really well and have so much fun together (that is as long as the boys agree to to what Eliza says!)  Funny kids!  I think this picture would be really fun to recreate when these three get older.  

The paddle boards were so fun! Russell took Charlotte and me out once before we put them away and we had a blast.  I was wishing I had been brave enough to try them sooner but I was afraid of getting sun burnt.  I lathered myself and the kids with sunscreen because I did not want to get a sunburn and have a repeat of the first chemo treatment.  I was so burnt then and the chemo just made it 10 times worse.  I did not want that again so I stayed under the shade canopy most of the day.  That was fine though because I was just able to relax, watch Charlotte, and observe Russell and the kids playing.

After a fun day at the beach, we headed back into town for the night.  Before heading home, we all stopped at Firehouse Pizza for some dinner.  We had a pretty wild bunch with 11 kids and 6 adults but the waitress was great and played along with all of the guys' bad and funny jokes.  

By the time we got home, we were all exhausted from the fun day.  We had quite a bit of sand to clean up though because it seemed like we brought the whole beach home with us in our shorts and shoes.  Charlotte's diaper was full of sand too from all of her playing.  What a great mini vacation!

No comments: