Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Charlotte's First Steps

Charlotte has done it!! She has taken her first steps!  The best part about it is that her first steps were taken to me.

She thinks she is so funny when she walks.  She just laughs and laughs.  Charlotte mostly just dive walks right now.  Meaning she dives into my arms as she moves her feet.  She is still pretty wobbly but I know she will only get better.   
So the funny thing is that she will only walk to me.  I tried to have her walk to Russell but she won't do it.  She will only take steps to me.  

Her first steps were taken in the boys' room as I was getting them tucked into bed.  I had stood Charlotte up against the bed and just for fun put out me arms and coaxed her to walk to me.  Normally she would just plop down on the ground and crawl to me, but not this time!  She actually took steps to me!  I was so shocked and excited and so was she.  Charlotte laughed and dove into my arms over and over again as we practiced her walking skills.  All the other kids were so excited too.  They kept yelling "Charlotte's walking!  Charlotte's walking!"  Here is  video of her first steps:


Isn't she the cutest?  She is getting better and braver as she walks and will occasionally take a few steps on her own to something close.  I know it is just a matter of time before she is running everywhere but it is so exciting to see this milestone.

Good Job Charlotte!

No comments: