Friday, June 26, 2009

Dating

Russell and I started dating in January 2006 after meeting in our Dating and Courtship institute class. I can still remember the day we met. I was sitting in the Institute at Dixie College just doing some homework before my class when this guy came up to me and asked me where the Dating and Courtship class met. When I told him, he introduced himself as Russell. I am not really good at conversations especially with someone I don't know so that was all that was said. When I went into the class room, I sat by some of my friends. Then I looked over and there was Russell again. So I said, "Long time no see!" He laughed; I thought he was pretty cute. A few classes went by and I didn't really think anything about Russell, in fact I started hanging out with this other guy in my college ward. I took this guy to class with me one day and I saw Russell had brought a girl with him too so I did feel too bad. After class that day, Russell came up to me and asked me on a date right in front of this boy I brought and the girl that was with him!!! Yeah I thought it was kind of weird and brave at the same time but I wasn't going to turn down a free movie and dinner so I said yes. That night the guy I was with started getting all possessive and psycho so I let him go and come to find out later on, the girl Russell was with was his sister's friend Becca not his girlfriend at all.

When Russell picked me up for our first date, I opened the door and thought "Wow" (he looked very good!) On the way to Cafe Rio, Russell asked me if I wanted to go four-wheeling the next day. (We hadn't even gone on our first date yet and he was already asking me on our second. He must have known that we would be together forever or else he was excited! I don't know which one.) Well we had a great time on our date and in hindsight, there was a little foreshadowing about us on that date. While at Cafe Rio, we saw some of Russell's friends so we were talking to them and they asked us how long we had been dating and we told them it was our first date and they didn't believe us. They thought we had been dating for a while and were close to marriage. Weird, I know. Well as you can see, we continued to date and had a great time getting to know each other. We went on a lot of fun dates including four-wheeling, hiking, camping, concerts, and more. Here are a few pictures from our dating life:
These two picture are from our second date four-wheeling and sitting on "Bear Rock" (January 2006)




Valentine's Day 2006


I love the sunglasses! This is on our trip to SLC to see General Conference (April 2006)

We went to see Collin Raye in concert at Tuacahn. For being interviewed for the newspaper, we got "Meet and Greet" tickets to go backstage and meet him. Then he dedicated a song to us during the concert. (April 2006)

This is us after four-wheeling to the top of Cove Mountain. Our faces were so clean!!! (July 2006)

Four-wheeling on Cove Mountain (July 2006)

Hiking and swimming at Red Cliffs

















No comments: