Friday, June 26, 2009

The Wedding

Russell proposed to me on April 23, 2006 on the temple grounds of the St. George Temple. I could tell he was going to ask me because he was so nervous on the drive over to the temple and while we were walking around it. Then he was kind of mad because the sprinklers were on the grass were he wanted to propose so we continued to walk around until the sprinklers turned off. Then he got down on one knee and said, "What if I do this?" and put the ring on my finger. It was so amazing. I said yes of course and we were so happy. That whole day I couldn't stop looking at the ring and at my new fiance!

We were married on July 29, 2006 in the St. George Temple for time and all eternity. That day was so fun and spiritual. While we were in the temple being sealed together, you could feel the spirit so strong which reassured us once again that this union was ordained of God. Here are some of the pictures taken that wonderful day:


This is us at the brunch before the wedding. We were so excited we didn't care what people thought of us.


This is the "Toast" Russell's best man and brother, Tyler, gave us at the brunch.



This is the toast or should I say "Roast" my sisters gave us. In the "roast" they told Russell all of my bad habits. Keep in mind this was before the wedding so he still had time to back out but even after hearing all of these, what I like to call, lies, he still decided to go through with the marriage, thankfully.

We are coming out of the temple after being seal to each other for Time and all Eternity. (Notice the big smiles!!)
Still smiling, walking around the temple.
The whole family and others that were there to meet us as we came out of the temple.
The proud parents of the bride and groom. (It was really windy and hot that day.)
I think this is my favorite wedding picture.

The classic temple wedding picture outside the St. George Temple.
(This is also where Russell proposed to me.)
The happy couple! :)
This is another favorite picture. I love how the sky looks so blue next to the pure white temple.
The Wedding Cake

This picture was taken at the reception that night. This is the before picture of cutting the wedding cake (notice the gentle, loving way we cut the cake.) Then......

BAM!! The after picture... The cake is all over our faces. (What happened to the gentle, loving couple?)
I think Russell is enjoying the garter thing a little too much!

The inside of the car after my brothers and brother-in-laws got a hold of it. Russell made the mistake of leaving the doors unlocked. Even after three years, every once in a while we still have pieces of confetti fly at us when we turn on the A/C.

The outside view of the car.

I love the effects on this picture. Its like we were getting out of there in a hurry.

Hurry get in the car, get in the car!!!

We are out of here!! See ya!!
There go the newlyweds!!!

No comments: