Sunday, June 28, 2009

Emily

Please welcome Emily Elizabeth Farnsworth into our family! I did not realize I could love someone as much as I love her. From the moment she was born, I could not keep my eyes off her; she is so beautiful.
The night before she was born, I had not felt her move for about 4 hours so I was getting kind of worried. OK I was really worried. Russell worked that night so when he called me to see how I was, I was crying. He came home from work and we went to the hospital to be checked. As soon as we got to the hospital, she started moving again. The nurses had me stay for about an hour and be monitored anyway. The baby, contractions, and movements were normal which was a relief for me. My doctor was on call that night so he checked me again and told us to go home and get some sleep because we would most likely return the next day. We drove home and got ready for bed. We knelt down to say our prayers and my water broke so we got back in the car and went back to the hospital.
I don't remember a lot about being in labor because I was so exhausted, but I do remember thinking "This is nothing like I expected!" I was getting so frustrated with the nurses because they kept telling me to breathe. I wanted to yell at them and say "I am breathing!!!" Russell and my parents were very supportive and I was glad to have them in the delivery room with me. The nurses and doctor kept asking me if I wanted an Epidural but I told them I was OK and didn't need one. I don't think I yelled at my husband like some women do but when I was pushing, his phone kept ringing and he kept answering it and I was getting annoyed with the ring tone so I yelled at him to turn it off. The doctor looked at Russell and said, "You better listen to her and we had better get this baby out!"
After 11 hours of labor, Emily was finally born. The best thing about giving birth was when the doctor put that beautiful baby on my chest after she came out. It made the whole thing worth it. Emily was such a great baby and I love her so much! Russell and I would not trade her for anything. She is our pride and joy!
Just minutes old. Isn't she beautiful!!!


The new daddy and daughter.

Sleeping as usual :)

Our little Smiley :)

Getting ready to go home from the hospital. (This is the dress I wore when I came home from the hospital when I was a baby)

First day home with Grandma Morwood

Great-Grandma Farnsworth

Emily Elizabeth and her Big Red Dog, Clifford.

She loved the swing.


The Teddy Bear was bigger than Emily then

She was so small!

Sleeping with Mom

First Halloween (I love the pumpkin socks!)

The Morwood cousins at the Halloween party

No comments: