Sunday, June 28, 2009

Our Second Year Together

Our second year together was also very eventful. Russell and I were working full-time and Russell was also finishing up his Associates Degree at Dixie College. We felt like our life was going pretty well so we decided it was time to start our family. At the beginning of February 2008 we received some news that would change our lives forever, I was pregnant. We were both so excited and nervous at the same time. We knew this baby was a blessing from Heavenly Father but we were scared about the idea of being parents. When I went to my first doctor's appointment, I was still a little doubtful of whether or not I was really pregnant but then when the doctor did an ultrasound I could see the baby even though it was only 11 weeks along! It was so cool! As time went on I got bigger and bigger. We didn't want to find out the sex of the baby because we wanted it to be a surprise. We kept ourselves busy by making stuff for the baby. I made blankets and burp cloths and Russell refinished a dresser. For our second anniversary we didn't do anything very extravagant because I was 7 months pregnant but we did purchase a camp trailer that we love. Trailer camping is so much easier than tent camping especially now with the baby. It is probably one of our best purchases. A month before the baby was born, we moved into the house we live in now. Here are a few pictures our our second year together.


This was camping at Yankee Meadow. Notice the person wading out in the lake. The reason you are not suppose to drink is because it makes you do stupid things. This person was out in a canoe with his buddies and they tipped over. They swam to shore then looked back an noticed their beer cans. So instead of letting the beer cans go, they proceed to wade back out into the freezing lake to rescue their precious beer! Forget about their canoe and fishing gear they were going to save the beer!! Needless to say, we laughed at them!! (Sept. 2007)

Our Jack o Lantern (Oct 2007)

Us in Las Vegas at the M&M Factory with Red and Green. (Dec 2007)

The new sewing machine I got for Christmas. I used this thing so much while I was making baby blankets. (Dec 2007)

Sure enough I was pregnant. The instructions said to wait two minutes for the results but this test didn't even have to think about it. The result was positive in two seconds. (February 2008)

There's baby Emily at 11 weeks (March 2008)

Russell graduating from Dixie with his Associate Degree. My sister Terral was also graduating with her Nursing degree (May 2008)

"I'm a college graduate...now what?"

Two Dixie State Alumni

Fishing at Baker Reservoir. All we could catch were these stupid perch. (May 2008)

The beginning of the Baby Bump at 6 months (June 2008)

No comments: