Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Emily's 1st Birthday Party

Emily is ONE!! We had a really fun birthday party for Emily with all of our family. Russell and I made homemade Cafe Rio pork salads with Cafe Rio dressing for dinner. It was so good. At the party, we ate dinner, opened presents, and watched Emily eat/destroy her very own cake.

Here's the birthday girl!

I made Emily a Winnie-the-Pooh birthday cake. I was really worried this would not turn out well because I have never decorated a cake before but it was not as hard as I thought it would be. I think the cake turned out pretty good.

I also made Emily a little cake to eat by herself. I think this turned out pretty good too.

Emily loved her balloons. When Russell brought them in the house, she perked right up and had this "wow" look on her face. She loved hitting them. I was trying to put Emily down for a nap and it was hard because she kept sitting up to make sure the balloons were still there.
Well, the beautiful balloon bouquet did not last long unfortunately. We took them outside when the party started and we thought we tied them tightly to the high chair but, next thing we know, they were floating away never to be seen again. I almost teared up; I was so sad! I just kept looking at them wishing they would come back.

Everyone at the party in our backyard.

Emily opening presents. That party hat didn't stay on very long.

Opening presents takes a lot of concentration.

Birthday cake time!!! (This is the before picture)

Dig in Emily!! She wasn't quite sure about this. She kept looking at us to see if she would get in trouble for making a mess, but when she saw we weren't getting mad, she started digging in with both hands.

"Here Dad have some cake." Emily loves to share.

And the after picture; cake is officially destroyed!

Some of the presents Emily received.
We had a great time despite the balloon incident and running out of batteries and video for the cameras. Thanks everyone for coming to the party and supporting us.

2 comments:

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

The first birthday is always quite the experience!! Happy Birthday, Emily! I'm glad that you guys were able to have such a fun time. She is just too cute for words!

Alan said...

Looks like she had fun! we had to give Sadie a fork on her first birthday before she would touch her cake. Sawyer was sick on his so he really didn't care what we did. Cute Emily!

Crystal