Saturday, September 12, 2009

"You Mean!"

Our little nephew Tyrel is turning two on Monday and he has one of the cutest personalities. His facial expressions, and the things he says and does just make you laugh. I think Tyrel's favorite saying is "You Mean!" Anytime someone is bugging him or he doesn't get his way, he says "You Mean!"
Emily loves Tyrel. She gets so excited when she sees him because he plays with her and makes her laugh. Here are a couple of pictures of them playing together:

After camping with the Hughes' and the rest of my family for a week in July, Emily had learned a few things from Tyrel. About a month ago, Emily was really sick. She had a fever for about three days and she threw up a few times. When I took her to the doctor, he said it was either a virus that would run its course or she was teething. (I think it was just teething because two teeth came in right after that.) After a few days, my mom came over to look at Emily's throat to see if it was sore. We had to hold the poor girl down to try and look down her throat and of course she HATED that. When we were done, we gave her a Popsicle and she said as plain as day, "YOU MEAN!!!" Oh my gosh, is was so funny. She even wrinkled up her nose and made the mean face as she said "You mean!" over and over. I wish I had recorded it because it was the first words she said besides mama, dada, and tada. Russell called me while she was saying this to see how she was doing and he heard her in the background and he thought it was Tyrel. He even asked me what Lacie was doing down.
I have tried to get Emily to say "You mean" again so I could record it but she won't; she will only say "moo meen." I could not believe how clearly she said it when she really meant it. The funny thing was that she looked right at my mom and said "You mean" like she knew my mom was the one that did the mean thing to her. What a smarty.

1 comment: