Sunday, September 27, 2009

RS Broadcast & "Create!" Display

On Saturday, I attended the Relief Society General Broadcast at my stake center. The broadcast was very good and the speakers were very inspiring. I especially enjoyed Sis. Thompson's talk about "Minding the Gaps in our Lives." We cannot let the gaps in our lives separate us from the Lord. The other talks were also good and made me want to strive to be a better visiting teacher.
Before the conference, our stake and ward RS presidencies put together a "Create!" open house for the sisters in our stake. The presidencies wanted each sister to have an opportunity to share her talents by displaying things they had "created." Then, throughout the day on Saturday, we were able to walk through the stake center and look at all of the displays. There were some pretty amazing things on display. I had no idea how talented the ladies in my stake were. There were awesome paintings, quilts, journals, scrapbooks, sewing projects, and much, much more. I also displayed some of the things I had made over the last couple years.
I displayed a pink checkered quilt and two receiving blankets and burp cloths I made for Emily and some bows and flowers I made to put in Emily's hair. I quilted a Halloween table runner, and sewed the pumpkin Halloween candy basket. I also painted the Frankenstein, reindeer, and lady bug out of patio paver bricks.


I had a lot of fun making these things. Sometimes, when I put my mind to it, I can be creative.

No comments: