Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Rat Pack is Back!

Every year, my boss takes me, my co-workers, and our spouses down to Las Vegas to go to a show. This is what we do for our company Christmas party. This year we went to the Plaza Hotel in downtown Las Vegas to see "The Rat Pack is Back." This was a comedy show impersonating the Rat Pack: Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, and Joey Bishop. Even though these guys were before my time, they were way funny and the music they sang was really good. This was a really good show and Russell and I had a lot of fun. The funniest part of the show was when 'Marilyn Monroe' came out and sang to one of the old guys in the audience. His face was so red!!! It was hilarious! The guy's wife was laughing the hardest; it was great.
The Plaza Hotel is in the older part of Las Vegas along Fremont Street. I had never been to this part of Vegas before but I actually liked it a lot better than the Strip.

Remember this guy from "Honey, I Blew Up the Kid"?

I think this lady's leg got broken off in that movie. Fremont Street was fun. There was a Firefighter strength competition going on and it was awesome to watch. Russell was getting excited to prepare for the competition in the future. Then we walked down a little further and there was a guy creating portraits with spray paint. It was amazing!! He created this beautiful patriotic piece with the flag and soldiers in it. We had a lot of fun.

No comments: