Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Rock Climber

That's right, we have a rock climber in the family! The other day, we were watching my niece, Taylor, and we decided to go play in the front yard. Taylor was climbing on our rock and Emily saw her and ran over to the rock. Emily thinks she is as big as Taylor and has to do everything Taylor does. So when Emily got to the rock she started climbing!
I didn't even have to help her. I just stood there to supervise and catch her if she fell but she didn't fall.

Up she goes!

And she made it!! Yeah!!! Emily is getting so big. I can't believe all that she can do. She is also becoming very independent. She likes to do everything herself first and then if she can't get it she asks for help. I tried to help her climb the rock be she kept getting mad and wanted to do it herself. She is such a smart baby, too. The other night I gave her a cup to get a drink and then later I asked her where her cup was and she took me right to where she had left it, in her room. I was amazed! Also, even though she is only a year old, I think she needs to be potty trained. Right when she pees her pants she will either go get a diaper and give it to me then run into the bathroom to be changed or she will start pulling down her pants and then smile and run into the bathroom when I ask her if she needs her pants changed. When she has a stinky diaper, she will come up to us and plug her nose and say "Ewww!" and we know it is time to change her pants. She is a crazy kid!

I had to add this picture too because it was so cute. I was making a little tutu for my cousin's new baby and Emily took my measuring tape while I was cutting the fabric and was measuring herself and the rug. I asked her if she was helping mom sew and she got all happy which means yes. She is a silly goose!

No comments: