Saturday, November 14, 2009

Vegas, Baby!

On Thursday, Russell and his Paramedic class took a "field trip" down to Las Vegas to go to the "Bodies" exhibit at the Luxor. Emily and I got to go down with them.
If any of you have been to it, you know how awesome the Bodies exhibit is! The exhibit is a display of probably hundreds of actual human bodies that have been dissected and plasticized. Sounds gross, I know, but it was actually pretty cool. I wish I could have taken pictures but cameras were not allowed. The display rooms went through each of the different systems in the body including the skeletal, muscular, respiratory, circulatory, digestive, reproductive and more that I can't remember right know. In each room there were different bodies and organs and tissues that aided in the process of each system. I was so amazed at how all of the organs and things worked together to make the human body function. I was also amazed at the size of the organs and muscles and especially the size of the arteries and veins in our bodies. My favorite rooms were the reproductive system and the fetal development rooms. The reproductive system room displayed a uterus and I was surprised at how small it was! I could not believe that a baby could grow in that small of an organ and that small organ could grow as big as it does to support a baby! Then, in the fetal development room, there were fetuses displayed in various parts of development from as young as 5 weeks into the pregnancy to full term. I loved seeing how small the little fetus was and how fast they develop little arms and legs. During my pregnancy I studied a lot of information about the development of a baby but to actually see it really helped me more fully understand the amazing miracle that happens inside a woman's body! This room was also Emily's favorite room. She would point to the babies and say "Bebe Bebe!" and " Oh Bebe, Oh Bebe!" Russell and I really enjoyed the Exhibit and we learned a lot.
After the Exhibit, we when to Caesar's Palace and ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Even though we spent 25% of our monthly budget for food, it was so good especially the cheesecake! After dinner, we became tourists and went exploring.
Our first stop was FAO Swartz, the biggest toy store I have seen. We actually went there to play on the giant piano that you step on to play but it was gone!! The store clerk said that they sold it. We were so bummed! (If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch the movie "Big" it is used in that movie.) So we had to just play with the regular toys instead.

"Oh Bebe!" Emily loved the life size newborn baby doll. The doll was way cute and actually felt and weighed as much as a newborn baby!

She also loved the big stuffed dog until Russell put her on it and let go of her then she got scared.

Being tourists, taking a picture by the Fountain of the Gods at Caesar's Palace.

THE STRIP! (What more can I say?)

Excalibur!

The Statue of Liberty? Wait, I thought we were in Las Vegas not New York! Ha Ha.
Then, FINALLY, we left Sin City and came back home to our Utah bubble. Ahhh, Home Sweet Home! We had a really fun trip but we were definitely glad to leave Las Vegas!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Tiffany! Your baby girl is so cute! Your husband is doing paramedic school? That's so neat! My husband is an EMT-I.

Tanaya and Tim said...

Looks fun! I talked my friend from work into going on a trip to Las Vegas and St. George. She is from a small town in North Carolina and had never been west of the Mississippi. It was all a new experience for her. Well, Las Vegas is a new experience no matter where you're from!