Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving...AKA...The Day Before "Black Friday"

We had a great Thanksgiving. This year we spent it with my family. We did the typical thing... turkey, mashed potatoes, and of course. the greatest thing, Pumpkin Pie. Then the preparations began for the great tradition my sisters and I do every year... shopping on BLACK FRIDAY! We spent hours looking over the ads planning our strategies for the next morning. That night I hardly slept, mostly because I went to bed at 1 a.m. and got up at 3 a.m. but also because I kept dreaming we missed all of the sales! I know, I'm weird. So like I said, I got up at 3:30 a.m in order to make it to our first store that opened at 4 a.m. Our first stop was Sears and we were in and out of there in 20 minutes. Next stop was JCPenney for our free snow globe. Then we sped over to Wal-Mart for the bulk of our shopping. We got there at 4:30 and had to wait in line for the door busters that started at 5. Then the FIGHTING began! After grabbing all her things, my niece Jessica went to save us a place in the huge check out line. A few minutes later, my sisters and I came up with all of our carts to get in line with her. I guess this made the lady behind her pretty mad! Jess was standing back so we could get in line in front of her and the lady behind her kept pushing Jess with her cart telling her to move up. Finally Jess turned around and said "I'll move when I want to move!" Then the lady flagged down the Wal-Mart security to tattle tell on us I guess. So we said "No we're not butting we are all together." The lady said "No they're not. They just butted and they're all different transactions." So we said "Fine we'll pay for it in all one transaction." (Even though we didn't.) The security guy said "Well there is nothing I can do." and left. The lady in front of us said " Way to go...way to be strategic!" It was funny! The lady behind us was still mad so she kept ramming Jess with her cart over and over. She was such a JERK!! So Jess grabbed the lady's cart and shoved it back into the lady's stomach and said "B****, Knock it off!!" and the lady finally quit. I could not believe how rude that lady was. We have been shopping on Black Friday for a lot of years and I have seen a lot of fights but we have never been in the fight! I told Jess if the lady did it again to tell her she was assaulting you and you are going to contact the authorities now, or (because Jess was sick) just tell her you have Swine Flu and you are going to breathe on her! Jess was like "Yeah" then loudly she say, "I have Swine Flu and I'll breathe on you!!" It was way funny. (btw Jess does not have Swine Flu). Well we finally got out of Wal-Mart and headed for our next stop, Target. By the time we got there, the check out line was wrapped around the whole store! I was sad because the thing I came to get (a LeapFrog Phonetic fridge magnet thing) was all sold out! Any way after we got all of our stuff we stood in the enormous line. Then after like 15 minutes, Lacie and I decided we were just going to stash our stuff somewhere in the store and come back later. So we hid our stuff in the clothes and left to go to K-Mart. By the time we went to K-Mart and came back to Target, our sisters were just barely getting to the beginning of the line. (perfect timing we thought) But when we went to find our hidden stuff, they were GONE!! We were so bummed. So luckily we were still able to get more of our things. Then when Lacie was walking done an aisle, a lady in front of her decided she didn't want the LeapFrog Phonetic fridge magnet thing any more so Lacie snatched it up when the lady sat it down! So I was able to get the thing I wanted after all! Yeah!!! So Lacie and I butted in line with our sisters again and checked out. Another great thing that happened was that Target was giving away a $10 gift certificate for every $100 you spent so my LeapFrog thing was FREE!!!!! Oh Yeah!! Later on that day we went to Pier 1 and I finally used my Wedding gift certificates after 3.5 years. I bought a big Papasan chair for FREE!!!!! Russell and I have been want one of these chair for so long and they finally went on sale! A Papasan chair is a big round chair made of a wicker frame and a big round pillow cushion. It is SOOOOO Comfortable! Needless to say it turned out to be a great shopping day.

No comments: