Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! I had a great Mother's Day this year. First of all, Russell took Colby in morning so I could sleep in which was AWESOME! Then when Emily woke up, she and Russell made me homemade blueberry muffins and eggs for breakfast. They were so good! After lounging around and having a lazy morning, we headed off to church. The bishopric gave great talks on mothers and the importance of women. I felt really inspired and great after listening to them. When we got home from church, we walked over to Grandma's house to see how she was doing. She wasn't at church saving us a seat today so we were kind of worried something was wrong. It turned out that she had been really dizzy all day and was sick because of it. I wished we would have known earlier but Aunt Janet had been there with her all day. The day before we (all of my aunts and uncles) all went over to Grandma's house and totally cleaned up her yard by trimming trees, pulling weeds, and re-seeding the grass. It looks really good but I think it might have been too much for Grandma. She is doing much better now so don't worry. After wishing Grandma a happy Mother's Day, we headed to Golden Corral with my mom and family. We always go out to eat on Mother's Day so that none of the women have to cook or clean up dinner. We ate way too much (which is why I'm not a big fan of buffets) and could hardly walk out to our car afterward... OK we weren't that bad. Then we went over to Russell's mom's to wish her a happy Mother's Day too. While there we had more dessert! (I know we are bad but you can't pass up Traci's strawberry shortcake and banana pudding!) Anyway, in all we had a great Mother's Day.




This is what I got for Mother's Day:




A finished backyard and a playground for my kids! Russell finished our backyard this weekend and it looks so much nicer! Emily loves the swing set too. Now we have a park in our backyard. Her favorite part is the slide.




We all pitched in and got this awesome frame collage for Russell's mom:


It is a collage of six frames and will take up a whole wall. I am excited to see what pictures she puts in it. We got it at Bed Bath & Beyond.




I made this Casserole Carrier for my mom:


It turned out good and it is nice because it is insulated so your hot food will stay hot and your cold food will stay cold. The carrier is big enough to hold a 9 x 13 Pyrex dish. I am going to make me one too someday. I am also going to make one for my niece because we just found out that she is getting MARRIED! Wow I'm old! She is getting married over Labor Day weekend to Danny Blake. We are excited for her and wish her the best.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

1 comment:

The Nielson Bunch said...

Awesome looking back yard!! I want a swing set. Looks like a great Mother's day.