Tuesday, May 3, 2011

SpRiNg!

Spring has been in full bloom in St. George, and we are loving the warm weather!


I recently made Emily a new spring dress. It was actually supposed to be for Easter but I ran out of time. It is the first dress I have made on my own and I think it turned out pretty cute especially on my cute model.

Here is the back view. This dress was really fun to make and I learned a lot through doing it. I learned how to do this smocking by sewing with elastic thread or shirring. I always thought this was really hard to do but it was actually pretty easy once I tried it a few times. I also learned how to gather better. That had always been hard for me. I got this cute idea from Sew Dang Cute and I think it turned out so dang cute.

Another fun thing we have done now that the weather is getting warmer is go to the park and have tea parties:



Yes even Dad and Colby join us for tea parties. Emily loves having tea parties; I think she drank a whole water bottle during the party. She kept asking "More tea, please." and even tried to put her pinkie up while she drank. After our lunch of tea and crumpets (or sandwiches), we drew some fun pictures on the sidewalk with chalk.


Then it was time to play on the swings and slide. Colby even got in on the action. He wasn't so sure if he liked the bright sun though.


Even Daddy decided that he had to get in on the fun. Emily loved it when daddy followed behind her on the slide. (Russell writing now...) The first time I went down I didn't think Emily was still on the slide so I was going a little fast and I saw her so I hurried and grabbed her and we both made it out safely with out being knock on our butts. What a crazy bunch of kids. There was a little hill at the park so I decided to teach Emily how to roll down the hill. The first time was funny to see her roll and when I said "Show Mommy," she told me "I don't roll down hills I slide down the hill." I was laughing as she was scooting on her bum all the way down, thank goodness for spray and wash for those grass stains.


Emily even met a new friend while she was at the park. One of my old high school friends was out at the park with her kids and one was Emily's age. Emily is really good at sharing or I think once someone gets the ball they never let her have it back. So we finally had to tell both of them that they each had to take turns kicking the ball and throwing it. I still don't think the little boy understood. What can you do. We had a blast at the park. We are also glad that we get to have these times to spend together.

No comments: