Monday, June 20, 2011

Dad's Day

Happy Father's Day! We had a great Father's Day at our house this year. It started by Emily running into our room telling her dad "Happy Father's Day!" As she gave him his present, she told him what it was before he opened it. Russell was definitely grateful for the new socks and this cute new T-shirt that says "World's Greatest Dad, Hands Down!" I then put each of the kids hand prints on it.


I also made one for my dad and Russell's dad. Their shirts say Papa instead of Dad though. Then I put each of the grand kids hand prints on them. (If you want to make one, I have a tutorial on my new website here.) They turned out good and the dads and papas loved them.


After a yummy breakfast of waffles, we headed to church and then visiting each of our dad's. It was a great day. Russell also got an early Father's Day gift a few weeks ago. He got a new lawn mower and weed eater so he can keep the yard up and running. They definitely sound like Redneck gifts but he was so excited for them!


These two kids sure love their dad. When I asked Emily why she loved her dad she said: "Because I want to." She also said:

- He reads me books

- He watches me while mom goes to work

- He scares me (which means he plays "Roar!" with her)

- I like sleeping in daddy's bed

- and more...


I asked Colby why he loved Dad and he said, "Ah Goob blah hah." with a huge smile. I have translated that to "I love Dad because he makes me laugh." Whenever Colby sees Russell, he gives him the biggest cheesy smile!


Happy Father's Day, Russell!!

No comments: