Friday, June 17, 2011

Our Lucky Day

Today was our lucky day! Well at least it started out that way...


Emily came into our bed at 7:30 am like she always does and turned on our radio alarm clock. (She figured out one day that if she pushes the small button on top, the radio comes on. This girl never forgets anything.) Anyway she does this about every morning so we have just made it part of the routine. This morning, however, the morning show DJ's on the radio were announcing a live broadcast they were doing later at American Recreation Products. They said that all of the outdoor products would be on sale at like 60-80% off. After hearing this, we decided to check this place out to see if we could find Emily a sleeping bag and maybe some more camping gear for us. When we arrived at the store, the radio announced that the next 5 people will get some free camping gear. Russell parked and ran to the radio station's booth while I got the kids out of the truck. Next thing I know, Russell is walking back to us with a sleeping bag in his hands! So there was Emily's sleeping bag we came for and we got it for FREE! The sleeping bag was a zero degree mummy bag so it wasn't really what we wanted for her so we asked the manager if we could swap it for a regular zip sleeping bag. He said that would be fine so we did. Yeah the one we got wasn't as nice as the mummy bag but it is perfect for Emily and for what we need it for so I think it is a better deal. Emily loves it too. When we got it home, we unrolled it and Emily and I climbed inside and pretended to be taking a nap while camping.


While we were at the radio broadcast, Russell and I each entered a drawing for a Cars 2 family pack. After leaving the broadcast, we headed up to Springdale so Russell could go to his ambulance training. Emily, Colby and I cooked hot dogs and had a picnic in the park while we waited for Russell to finish. While we were playing, I got a phone call from the Radio station telling me I had won the Cars 2 drawing!!! I was so EXCITED!! I have never won anything cool like this in my whole life. I was stoked. So I ended up winning 4 movie tickets to see Cars 2 on the opening night, $20 in movie theater money to buy popcorn or whatever I want at the movie, and... the best part of all... 4 passes to LAGOON! Isn't that the coolest prize package ever! Well I think it is. So we are excited to take Emily to her first movie next Friday and she loves Cars so I think she will like Cars 2 also. The Lagoon tickets are actually a blessing in disguise and an answer to a prayer. My whole family is planning on going to Lagoon the first week in August this year and Russell and I were debating on whether to go or not because of lack of funds and other things. We were really bummed that we would not be able to go with everyone but now we have free tickets to the park so that saves us $100! Now we will be able to go.

Here we are showing off our winnings for the day. A free sleeping bag, Cars 2 movie tickets, $20, and Lagoon passes! I figure we won around $250 in prizes today!


Unfortunately, our luck ran out before the day was over. Either that or we needed to be humbled. On our way to get my prize at the radio station Russell got pulled over and got a ticket....... Boo! That is all I am going to say about that...


Anyway, we had a great day for the most part and we are excited to use our prizes for some family fun. Thank you KONY for the prizes! And also thank the Lord for answered prayers of finding a way to go to Lagoon with my family.

No comments: