Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Dentist

Emily went to the dentist for the first time today! Russell took her while I stayed home with Colby and three of the Hughes yahoos, Tyrel, Taylor, and Becca. So here is Russell to tell you all about the experience:

At first Emily did not know what to expect because she was at a doctor's office and I think she did not completely understand what a dentist really was. The dental hygienist, Khara, did an awesome to make Emily feel safe and comfortable. I figured she could sit on my lap and see what they are doing to me and when it was her time it wouldn't be so bad. At first she was a little antsy, so Khara made a cool balloon with the air tool. Emily thought that was way cool. Then it was time to lie me back and Emily was a little scared of the moving chair until Khara told her that Tangled was on. She said "Where?" "On the ceiling," Khara said. That was all it took she was hooked. They found her some ear phones and she was happy. The time came for Khara and the dentist, Dr. Stevens, to look at her teeth and I was very surprised on how well she did. She smiled big for them and opened her mouth wide and she even let Khara use the little hook to clean and scrap her front teeth. I have the best daughter ever. They were both very amazed on how well she acted. The only bad news that they had for her was that she has a little cavity in her front tooth. After the fun times at the dentist, Emily was able to get a new tooth brush and some cool toys from the treasure chest. On the way home Emily and I had a little daddy daughter time and went to Dairy Queen for an ice cream. Yes I know we just went to the dentist but what can you do when you have a cute daughter who did so well at the dentist.

No comments: