Tuesday, August 9, 2011

LAGOON!

August 4-7 my whole family took a trip up to Lagoon in Farmington, UT. It was so much fun and Emily had a blast on all of the rides. Lagoon is definitely "What Fun Is!"

Instead of getting a hotel, we all took our trailers up and stayed at the Lagoon Campground. It was so nice to have our trailer close to the park so that we could come and go as we pleased. If we go to Lagoon again we will take our trailer again. It was nice to be able to come back and eat lunch or take a nap and then go back into the park.

Well the trip didn't start out so well. All day Wednesday we packed our trailer and our bags and everything we needed for Lagoon so that we could leave bright and early on Thursday. As we were packing, we realized our pantry had been infested by sugar ants. We were so mad. So on top of packing, we had to deep clean our house, repackage all of our pantry food, and spray for ants in the hope that they would overtake our house while we were gone. On top of that, my neck started killing me last week so bad that I couldn't even move without feeling nauseous. I went to a massage therapist, and even a chiropractor but to no avail, in fact I think they made it worse. I also went to InstaCare and the doctor there thought it was either a pinched nerve or a bulged disc. He put me on a steroid to try and reduce the inflammation. The steroid didn't work either for a couple days so I went to our family doctor. He didn't think it was a nerve or disc just a really bad strained muscle. (Probably from packing Colby around!) He kept me on the steroid and told me to just take it easy. (Easier said than done!) I was getting so frustrated and it sucked because I was worried that I wouldn't be able to go on any rides at Lagoon because my neck hurt so bad.

Thursday morning we left at 6:30 am. I was sure that I had everything packed but of course something is always forgotten when you go on a trip. When we got to Filmore, I realized what I had forgotten... our Lagoon tickets!!! How stupid is that. They should have been the first things I packed. By then we were half way between home and Lagoon so we had to decide whether we should turn around and get the tickets and spend more money on gas or just keep going and spend the money on more tickets. I was so mad because we had won those tickets on the radio so we would have gotten in for free. We finally decided to just keep going and buy new tickets instead of wasting our whole day driving back home.

We finally made it up to Lagoon at noon and checked into our campsite. We set up our trailer, ate lunch, got the kids dressed and headed to the park for some fun.

Here is Russell buying our tickets to fun. (I am still mad that I forgot our free tickets at home! Oh well maybe we will go again later and use them.) After stamping our hands and validating our bounce back passes, we headed to the rides. The first ride Russell and Emily went on was the Jumping Dragon. Emily said this was her favorite ride at Lagoon.








As you can see we had a great time on all of the rides. Emily loved riding all of the rides with her cousins. I was still worried about my neck so I was a little leery about riding the roller coasters. At the same time though, I wanted to get my money's worth after having to buy tickets. The first ride I went on was the BomBora, Lagoon's newest ride. This was the only ride Klint Hughes went on too I think because he gets really sick on rides. We rode together and I told Klint to make sure he puked out the other side. It was a really fun ride and just slow enough that we were okay. My neck felt okay afterward too. After that, I was willing to ride more rides.



Colby did really well at Lagoon too. I was a little worried that it would be too hot for him and he would be miserable but it wasn't too bad. He just chilled in the stroller and enjoyed the fan blowing on him. We have one of those spray fans and Colby loved the fan but did not like it when we squirted him with water. It took his breath away and scared him. Despite that fact that nursing in the park was a little awkward because Colby hates being covered, we did really well. One great benefit to having a baby in the park was the Parent Swap on the rides! What happens in the parent swap is one person will hold the baby while your group goes on the ride then that person swaps out holding the baby and then goes with your group again on the ride. So you get to go on the ride two times in a row without waiting in line. We used this on Rattlesnake Rapids and the Log Ride.


As you can see, we got SOAKED on these rides after riding then twice. Emily loved these rides but she was shivering afterward. We rode Rattlesnake Rapids with Tami, Roy, Jared, my mom, and dad. Tami and Jared were so afraid of getting wet they were practically jumping out of the boat when we came near any water. When we got to the waterfall that soaks you no matter what, they were both setting on my lap practically so ironically they kept me somewhat dry while they got soaked! It was so funny to watch them freak out.



After the water rides, we caught a ride on the Lagoon train and took a tour around the park. Emily loved riding the Chug-A-Chew and seeing all of the animals like the lions, tigers, deer, elk, kangaroos, and more. Before heading back to the trailer for dinner, we went on the Carousel as our last ride of the day. All four of us were able to ride this. So even Colby got to ride a ride at Lagoon! This was a fun family ride and Emily loved riding the horsies.


After a dinner of BLT's from tomatoes from our garden, we got the kids ready for bed and Russell watched them while Lacie, Jacee, Taylor and I headed back to the park for some more rides. We rode on Tidal Wave and the Swings. It was cool to ride at night with all of the lights. It even started sprinkling rain which helped to cool us off.

After one day in Lagoon, Emily knew the ropes and her and Colby spent the next morning studying the map and planning out what they wanted to do that day. I also had some plans of my own for the next day. The first thing we did when the park opened on Friday was head to Pioneer Village to get our picture taken in the old western clothing. I think it turned out really cute. I think this will be our Christmas card picture this year!

Don't we look so rough and tough! I think it is awesome! After our pictures were taken, it was time to hit the rides again. The first thing on Emily's list was the Carousel. This time she rode with her cousins, Tyrel, Jack-Jack, and Taylor. They had a blast. For the first part of the day, Russell and I went on all of the big roller coasters like Wicked, Spider, and Russell went on the Wild Mouse. Klint was willing to watch the kids because he gets sick on rides like these. Thanks, Klint! By this time it was time for lunch so we headed back to the trailer for a snack. For the rest of the day, we let Emily decide what she wanted to do. She rode on every kid ride and loved every minute. As you can see from the pictures, she has the biggest smile on her face.



Waiting in line was the hardest part about Lagoon for Emily. She would keep asking us if it was her turn yet. She would say "Come on Mom its our turn." I would tell her not yet. She was very friendly to the people in line though and would ask them to play ring around the rosies and hold their hands. She even made a new friend while she was in line for the car ride and rode with the little girl in the car.


By 4:30 that afternoon we were hot and tired to we headed back to Pioneer Village to get some much needed ice cream.


While eating our ice cream, we wandered around in the train and telephone museums. It was cool to see all of the little model trains as well as all of the old telephones. Emily was more interested in her ice cream and I think Colby was more interested in getting home so he could eat. At 5:00 we bid farewell to Lagoon park and headed back to our trailer to get ready for the Martin Harris pageant that night.


We had a great time at Lagoon and Emily is still talking about all of the fun she had. She keeps telling us "It would be fun to go back to Lagoon, huh mommy!" I say "Yes it would be fun."




While in our trailer at night, Emily would read Colby library books and he loved every minute of it. They are such good friends, I love it.

No comments: