Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Bed

When your baby looks like this in their bed, you know it is time to get a bigger one:


We have had Colby in a bassinet in our room since he was born and he has grown so fast that he is now too big for the little bed. His head touches the top, feet touch the bottom, and his arms knock the sides if he moves. I know I should have moved him into the crib sooner but I liked the fact that I didn't have to get out of bed when he woke up at night. I also haven't had time to make any of his crib bedding yet because I couldn't decide what theme I wanted. I couldn't wait any longer though because he was starting to wake himself up every time he moved. Friday was his first night in the crib. Doesn't he look so peaceful?

I still need to make some bumper pads and a quilt but it will work for now. One thing I have noticed though is that Colby hates his crib! He will not sleep in it. He seems to wake up more often during the night and when he does, he screams! Hopefully he will just get used to sleeping in a bigger bed and be fine but until then I am living on about 4 hours of sleep a night. Oh the joys! Stay tuned for the crib bedding I am making. The fabric is way cute!

No comments: