Saturday, November 5, 2011

8 Months and the Temple

My little guy is growing up too fast! Colby is now 8 months old. His personality is getting more exciting everyday and he is always so happy. Colby weighs about 22-23 pounds now.



Colby can roll around the floor and get to pretty much whatever he wants. He has not tried to learn to crawl yet. I have put him up in the crawling position but he just sit there on his hands and knees and looks at me like "Ok now what?" Then he rocks back and forth and falls on his nose. He would much rather roll or just reach his long arms and get whatever he wants. He has started to do a little backwards scoot thing where he will push himself backward with his arms. He gets pretty far doing that.


He is a little talker too. It is mostly baby gibberish but it is fun to hear his voice. He does know "hi" which he really says "Haa." He is cute when he says it too. He will say hi and give the biggest grin or sometimes even wave his hand as he says it. He is also learning Mama and Dada. I don't know that he really knows what he is saying but he says it. When ever he is mad or wants something he says "MAMA MAMA MAMA!" and when he is happy and just playing he says "Dada dada dada." I think there is something wrong with this picture... Anyway we have fun trying to figure out what he is saying. Sometimes we will ask Emily what he is talking about but she just shrugs and says she doesn't know either.


Colby loves playing Patty Cake and waving at everyone. Sometimes he really gets into his clapping and makes the funniest, most intense faces as he claps. He also loves playing Peek-A-Boo and laughs and laughs whenever we play. Colby also thinks I look silly in my glasses. Whenever I wear them he just looks at me with the strangest expressions. It is like he is trying to figure out what the heck is on my face. When I am holding him on my hip he will completely arch his head around to look me in the face just to make sure that, "Yeah this is my mom but what are those things on her eyes?" Sometimes I wear my glasses just to see his reactions. He gets so confused.


Colby loves eating solid foods especially animal cookies. He devours his rice puff treats and gets so excited when we bring out the rice cereal or baby food jars. I still think he likes his mom the best though. In the picture above, we were at Golden Corral for Justin's birthday and we gave Colby some cotton candy for the first time. He didn't know what to think about all that sweetness. He puckered up his lips and shook his head and made the funniest faces.


I know that someday Colby will sleep through the night but that has yet to happen...


I took these 8 month old pictures on the temple grounds and while we were there, I took some really fun pictures of both Emily and Colby. The first two are my favorite:





The temple is my favorite place to take pictures because they always turn out nicely. Emily loves the temple grounds too and always asks to drive by the temple when we are in town. I love the temple and am so glad we are sealed forever as an eternal family because I don't know what I would do without Russell and these two kiddos.

No comments: