Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Decorating the Tree...

For Family Home Evening Monday, we decorated our Christmas tree and got out all of our Christmas decorations. I had forgotten how many Christmas decorations we had and with this year being the first Christmas in our house, I had to figure out where we were going to put it all. We actually downsized our decorations quite a bit last year because I didn't want to move it all over to the new house but we still had a few things we decided not to put up.


A few months ago, our neighbors had a yard sale and I bought their almost brand new pre-lit Christmas tree for $10. I thought I was a pretty good deal. I love the fact that it already has the lights on it because the lights seem to be the hardest part of decorating and also the hardest part of un-decorating.

Since Colby is the youngest in our family, he got to put the star on the tree this year (with the help of Dad.) We all worked together to put on our many ornaments. Emily would pick out an ornament from our box, look at it and decide who should put it on the tree. Mostly her and Dad hung them while I took them out of the box and put the hooks on them.
We did all take turns though. Emily had fun hanging her My Little Pony and Care Bear ornaments, Colby hung the Fisher Price airplane, and Dad hung the rest so that they wouldn't all be at the bottom of the tree. Emily and Colby liked helping decorate but Colby mostly like to eat the empty ornament boxes. He would get so mad when I would take them away from him. He has been having a little temper lately for some reason the little stink.

And, drum roll please, our finished tree:


Isn't it lovely! Definitely Jubilee of Trees worthy don't you think? Oh well it works for us and we like it.


This is Colby's new favorite place in the house:

He can only go in reverse so he always ends up stuck under something and right now it is the Christmas tree. I was laughing at him and Emily said "He's like a present Mom!" He sure is like a present under the tree. What a cutie!

No comments: