Friday, November 18, 2011

Jubilee of Trees

We went to the annual Jubilee of Trees yesterday. I had never been before and I have always wanted to go. All of the trees were so amazing. I don't think I will ever be able to decorate a tree like the ones there. Here are some of our favorite trees:


Emily's favorite tree was the Candyland themed tree. It was really cute and was decorated with many different kinds of candies and candy garland as well as the Candyland characters.


Colby didn't really have a favorite, well we didn't really ask him... As you can see in the above picture, he was more interested in the Cookie on a Stick we were eating. I gave him a few pieces and he loved it.


Russell's favorite tree was this Santa's Workshop tree. That is until he saw this way awesome Angry Birds tree! It was a cool tree equipped with Angry Bird, pigs, blocks and even a sling shot. I swear Russell is addicted to that game. It is partially my fault because I got him hooked. I used to play it all the time too until the levels started taking more than a couple tries to beat and I gave up. Russell is more patient or persistent than I am I guess.



My favorite tree was the NICU sponsored tree, The Joy Express. I like this tree because it was decorated with pictures of the babies that have been treated in the NICU. I am truly grateful for all of the NICU nurses and doctors that helped with Colby while he was in there after he was born.


And our visit to the Jubilee of Trees would not have been complete without a picture with Santa! I was really surprised that Emily was not afraid of him. Last year she screamed every time she saw Santa and wouldn't even go to bed on Christmas Eve for fear that he was coming to her house. Maybe this year will be a better experience for her.

No comments: