Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We had a great Valentine's day full of hearts and way too many treats! We started out by writing Valentines to everyone:
Emily wrote her name on all of the Valentine's all by herself! After writing her name that many times, she hasn't wanted to write it anymore for the last few days.

We also made this fun Heart Garland for our windows.
I had a lot of help making this garland. Emily helped me sort the colors and staple the hearts and Colby helped by ripping the paper and messing up the sorted piles!

To accompany our Valentine cards, we made heart shaped sugar cookies. Emily helped by rolling out the dough with Dad and pressing the cookie cutters into the dough. The best part of the cookies though is of course licking the beaters after mixing up the icing.
We even gave Colby his first beater. He loved it. While licking it, he got thoroughly sticky and loved every minute of it.

As a Valentine gift, I made Russell chocolate covered strawberries. Emily helped me by adding the sprinkles and deciding which color of chocolate to dip the strawberry in.
And of course they both help Russell and me eat them! We gave Colby his first strawberry and he loved it. Strawberries are really juicy and stain clothes and high chairs really easily I found out!

We had a fun Valentine's Day. Russell gave me a gift certificate to the hair salon so I can finally get my hair cut and highlighted. I am excited! Now I just need to figure out what new style I want. Any suggestions? Unfortunately Russell had Fire Academy on Valentines Day so we weren't able to go out but we will soon I hope! Russell is enjoy Fire Academy and learning a lot about fires. He is also doing a lot of Physical Training (PT). His PT is a combination of Cross Fit and P90X. It is very high intensity workouts. I think he has lost a few pound and he is happy about that. Now if I can get motivated to work out with him too that would be great!

1 comment:

Mike and Jaimi Smith said...

Fels Naptha is a wonderful item. You can find it just about anywhere(Walmart, Lins, Albertson, etc). With stains you get the spot wet and just rub the Fels Naptha Bar on it and let it sit for about 5 min(or a load previous it going in for hard stains) and put it in the wash. This laundry bar of soap also is good for Poison Ivy.