Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

Happy Easter!!  We had a lot of fun this year with our Easter traditions.  First of all, we colored Easter Eggs:

As you can see, Colby and Emily had a blast coloring the eggs and their fingers!  Colby's hands were green and Russell forgot to put down some newspaper so the counter top was pretty colorful too!  But it sure was fun. 

I also got a little ambitious and made a couple of things:

First bunny cupcakes.  I was going to make these for my work but didn't get them done in time so I made them for my family dinner instead.  Second, I made Logan's bunny bag.  I made Emily and Colby each one a couple years ago so of course I had to make a matching bag for Logan!  I like how it turned out.
Saturday we got up early to see what the Easter Bunny had left us.  The kids were excited to get tools to play in the yard.  Colby got a shovel and rake and Emily got a butterfly net and bug cage.  They also got some bubbles, chalk and of course candy.  Next we headed to the Easter egg hunt in Washington.

Colby was so funny at the hunt.  While Russell took Emily to her age group, I took Colby to his. Before the hunt even started, Colby reached under the banner barrier and grabbed a Tootsie Pop.  He then begged me to open it for him. After I did, he waited patiently and ate his sucker until it was time for the hunt.  When they rang the bell for everyone to run and grab the candy, Colby went in to the middle, gathered about five more Tootsie Pops and came back to me and told me he was done.  I kept telling him to go back in and get more candy but he kept telling me no he was done.  So we took our five Tootsie Pops and went to go find Emily.  He is so funny.  We found Emily and she had a bagful of candy and was so excited to show us.

We met up with the cousins for a couple pictures afterward.  It is so fun to see your kids doing stuff you used to do.  I used to come to this Easter hunt every year when I was a kid and now I am taking my kids to it.  What a fun tradition.

That afternoon, we headed to Santa Clara Elementary for our annual Morwood family Easter picnic. 


It was fun to see all of my cousins and aunts and uncles.  The kids had a blast playing with cousins and being silly.  Colby has found a new love now.  He discovered he loves playing baseball.  He wanted so bad to go out in the field with the older cousins and play baseball with them.  Unfortunately they told him he was too little.  Too bad Russell had to work that afternoon or he could have helped him play. 

Roy also had a little too much fun with the salsa!  It sure looked like he cut his finger off!

Easter Sunday was spent celebrating at church and then we went over to my parents' house for our big Easter hunt:
Logan and Cole and the two grandmas were the first to go out and hunt.  I think that is so funny to call Tami a grandma! 

Then all of the other cousins went out in order of age:


There was so much candy but Colby still only wanted the Tootsie Pops!  After he had gathered a few eggs, he just sat right down and started eating his candy while the other grandkids were gathering all of the eggs around him!  Emily loved looking for all of the pink and purple eggs.  Finally though she just started grabbing all the eggs she could find.  This is such a fun tradition too and the kids look forward to it every year. 

Happy Easter everyone.

No comments: