Saturday, December 30, 2017

Ice Skating

We needed a day out.  I have been really uptight lately for some reason and it seemed like everything was setting me off.  As I was cleaning up, I found two free tickets for ice skating and thought that would be a great way to relax and unwind.  I thought the kids deserved a fun outing to the Ice Skating rink.

This was so much fun!! The kids had a blast and it was just what I needed to relax.  We rented a walker for the boys.  Emily said she didn't need one.  After we had put on our skates, a family that was leaving gave us their walker as well so now we had two.  One for each boy.  

I was even able to take Charlotte out on the ice in the stroller.  She was happy to go out with all of the other people.

We skated around for two hours and the kids got better and better each time we went around the rink.  By the end, Colby and Logan were skating without the walkers.  

Colby took off with Emily and skated multiply laps around the rink.  Logan skated with me around.  Emily was spinning in circles and trying different tricks.  Her goal was to not fall down at all.  Unfortunately she did fall a few times but she still had a great time.  

As we were putting our shoes back on, all of the kids were telling me that this was the best day ever.  They loved skating.  They told me all about how they were getting so much better at skating.  Colby even said that next time he probably won't even need the walker.  They kept asking when we could come back and go skating.  I think we should make more time for fun activities like this.  What a fun day.

No comments: