Friday, July 6, 2018

July 4th Fun

This fourth of July was pretty uneventful for us this year because we were not feeling the greatest. During the night of the third, Logan and I both woke up throwing up. I have no idea what we ate but we were both so sick. Russell had to work so Emily was in charge. She and Colby were so sweet to us.
They even made us breakfast in bed complete with get well cards. Sometimes when it really matters, they can get along and really work together.

I felt really bad because the kids had really been looking forward to going to the parade in town but there was no way I could take them. Then I called our friend and neighbor and she said Emily and Colby could go with them and hang out for the day.

They had such a good time with their friends at the parade and the other fun things in town. I was so grateful for the Halligan's for taking them. When they got home they told me every detail of their day.  Meanwhile, Logan and I slept all day while Charlotte watched Dora the Explorer. What a great mom right?  Oh well everyone was happy.

Finally that night, Logan and I started to feel much better so we went outside to have some fun.

I had given Colby and Emily some money for the day and with some of the money, they bought sparklers and poppers. I told them that was a great idea. 
Charlotte wasn't too sure about the loud noises all around us from the fireworks and poppers but all the other kids were loving it. That night we watched fireworks all around us in every direction because all of our neighbors love shooting off fireworks. Then at 10 pm, we set up our chairs in the backyard to watch the city firework show shot off right behind our house. 

The fireworks were great and our seats were even better. After the city show was done, we went back out front to watch more of the neighborhood show. It was great too! The kids were also able to do more sparklers from our neighbors because they don't have any kids to do them with.  They loved it because these were the giant sparklers. 

So in all the 4th of July did turn out to be good after all.

The next day was my birthday! I am the big 33!

Russell and the kids made me a great birthday cake. We all had cake and ice cream and spent the day relaxing and having fun as a family. We even played a few card games including Colby's favorite, Nines.

Happy Birthday to America and me!! This was a great birthday for me because last year, I didn't know if I would have any more birthdays. This is definitely something to celebrate!

No comments: