Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Other December Events

Our little family has been doing a lot of fun things through out the month of December. This month we went back to the live Nativity scene in Nibley. It was a great time to see the different animals that would have been there when Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus were in Bethlehem. It is always good to hear the story about the birth of Jesus Christ during the Christmas season. 

As you can tell we bundle up nice and warm because it is outside. When we got there we took a wagon hay ride to where the Nativity was at and waited in line. Some of our ward members were there and we got to have fun and talk to them. The kids loved seeing the camel. I was surprised to see a camel here in the middle of the winter.  

During the Spirit Assembly in December, Colby got an award from his teacher.
His award was for being a great student and for meeting all of his goals for the month and the previous months.  He was excited for the award but more excited to be able to run in the halls in the Colt Stampede.  Good job Colby.

Charlotte made a big step this month and finally got potty trained!! Tiff and I tried at least three times over the last few months but she wanted nothing to do with potty training. She would tell us "No Potty! Diapers!"  Tiff and I both told each other if we could just get her to go once or twice she would understand. So we put big girl panties on and her diapers off and took her about every 15 minutes and finally after day two or three she was catching on. 
Of course there is always the reward after the potty. She loved Skittles and told us, after she went potty, "Treat Mom treat Dad."  Just like we thought, after going in the potty once she realized what needed to be done and was potty trained ever since that time.  She is such a big girl. Finally no one in the house with diapers. YEAH!!! Diaper days are over. 

Russell also made a big step this month and graduated with his Bachelor's Degree.
Well here you have it everyone. Yes that paper in my hand is a paper that tells me that I am educated in the arts of Emergency Management. After a very long time and lots of hours studying, writing papers and long nights of research, I was awarded my Bachelors Degree from Utah Valley University. I have always known I wanted to get a Bachelors Degree, so I can show my kids that an education is important to have. Also to let them know to never give up with learning. The Lord told us that we need to be educating ourselves always. With hard work, sacrifice, prayer and faith I was able to get it done with good grades to show for it. It was a great opportunity for me to learn from each of the classes. Granted some were extremely boring and I did not understand why I was taking some of the  classes, but the majority of the classes were great. A big thanks to Tiffany and my kids who were patient with me through these years.  They have been patient and understanding of how important it was to me to get this. Now on to the next adventure.   

December has been a good month.

No comments: