Monday, December 28, 2009

I Know That My Savior Loves Me.

I have been the Primary Music Leader in our ward for almost a year now. Before I was called to this position, I thought this calling was to worst calling in the church and, I will admit, when the bishopric counselor called me to it, I really considered saying no. For the first few months, I really struggled with the responsibility of teach the primary songs to the kids because I am not a singer and I have a hard time with being in front of people. Over the year, however, I have come to love the primary children in our ward and I really enjoy this calling now. I have always loved Primary songs but now that I have to teach them, I have developed a testimony of the power of music and realized the powerful messages these little songs have in them. I still struggle with this calling but I am trying my best to convey to the children the important messages in these songs (as well as throwing in a few games here and there!).
As I was preparing to teach the new song for 2010 theme, I came across the above slide show and had to post it to our blog so I could share it with others. The song "I Know that my Savior Loves Me" has an important message that everyone needs to hear not just primary children. Our Savior loves us and He wants us to know that and follow Him. Even though we cannot touch Him physically, He is real! I know this is true! Please watch this slide show and listen to the simple, yet powerful message. You can also go to the website to see it without captions. http://larry4you.com/carolyn/

1 comment:

Cami and Phil said...

Oh that video is so cute. I haven't heard that song before. That is so cool that you are the Primary Chorister. What a fun job, I am sure just as having any other calling in the church it take some adjusting and getting used to. But we end up loving it in the end!