Friday, December 18, 2009

Meeting Santa

We took Emily to see Santa for the first time on Wednesday. Santa was really good with the kids and took his time with each of them. Emily saw the candy canes he was giving out and that is all she wanted. She didn't really care to sit on Santa's lap she just wanted the treat. When it was finally her turn, I put Emily on Santa's lap and Russell got ready to take a picture. She didn't cry, which was great, but she didn't really do anything. She just kind of sat there with this confused look on her face trying to figure out who this guy was that was holding her. Santa was happy to hold her though.
"Ho, Ho, Ho!"
It is fun getting ready for Christmas. Emily and I were watching "Polar Express" on TV the other night and at the end one of the characters says "Merry Christmas!" and then, out of the blue, Emily said "Merry Christmas!" (Well in baby talk, but that is what she said) Since then, every time we say Merry Christmas, she does too.

This is Emily's first candy cane. As you can tell, she loved it! In fact, she was so mad when I took it away to move the plastic wrap down so she could eat more of it. She snatched it from me when I gave it back to her.

This is Emily's new Christmas dress that my mom and I made. I put two jingle bells on the dress for buttons. Emily did not like this dress at all because while we were making it, we kept putting it on and taking it off of her and I think a pin poked her in the process. When I put it on her for church, so kept fighting me and tried to take it off. In the struggle she heard the bells jingle and she stopped fighting. Then I jingled the bells again and the dreaded dress turned into the funnest dress ever. The bells would jingle while she was walking and they kept her busy during church too.

I am excited for Christmas this year. It will be so fun to watch Emily open all of her presents.

No comments: