Monday, June 24, 2013

Goodbye Clifford

Clifford the BIG red dog, came into the Farnsworth family two years ago. We went to the Corn festival and while we were walking there we saw people giving away puppies. After holding all of them, only one stood out that we all liked. He was so tiny he fit in my palm. Now look at him full grown. 
It was hard to come to the decision that I made. I always threatened the pound on him, but I never followed through until yesterday. We were camping at Pine Valley and getting ready to go. Emily was playing with her cousins by Clifford when she slid down the hill and Clifford jumped up and bit her. I could not believe it. I thought it was only a one time thing and we fixed it. Then we were camping again at Fish Lake and while we were fishing Emily went to pet him and he freaked out and bit her again. I blew up and that sealed his fate of the pound. Then while we were packing up to head home from Fish Lake, Clint started petting Clifford in the back of our truck.  Then he turned to pet Clifford again and Clifford snarled, growled and snapped at Clint too.  He has had other rage issues in the past too.  We knew we had to do something about our dog.  Emily had a hard time understanding, but we told her that we loved Clifford but because of his actions he was not safe to be around. 


Here we are saying our goodbyes to Clifford for the last time before I took him to the pound. He was a good dog; I wish I had spent more time with him and maybe it would not have come to this. I have to look after the safety of my family. I did not know when the next  time he would rage out and bite again, because it was random. I took him to the pound and tied him up and said goodbye. As I drove away, I took one last look before driving away. I wish this would have never happened. While Emily was feeding Clifford for the last time, I was a little nervous to see her feed him. Colby did not understand what was going on.When Clifford was in the back of the truck, he was saying good bye to Clifford and laughing. To this day every time Colby hears a dog bark he thinks it is Clifford and tells Tiffany "Mom Clippord is barking." I think he still thinks he is still here.

We will miss our dog but we could no longer have him around if he was going to be dangerous to our kids and possibly the neighbor kids too.  We will most likely get another pet but it will probably be a fish or something.  Goodbye Clifford.                                                                                                                  

No comments: