Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Our Junk

 While I was getting the camp trailer ready to go camping we were visited by a random person who wanted to take a picture of our amazing tire, but here is the thing, I had no idea he took the picture.  After we got home from camping, we checked the mail. I was expecting something from the City so when I saw an envelope with the city emblem on it, I got excited. When I opened it, I read that the city loves our yards to be clean and neat, free of junk. I thought the city was doing some city cleaning day that they do sometimes. But come to find out my yard was the junk yard. I looked at the last page and there was a picture of our tractor tire that has been leaning up against the wall for months. They told us we had 14 days to remove it or we would be fined. I laughed so hard and was a little upset when I read this because of all the things they saw in our neighborhood they saw this. To tell you the truth, I consider our yard pretty well maintained and clean.  I have worked really hard on getting it that way.  Our one problem apparently is the tire. Tiffany wanted to put a sign on it that said "This is not junk it is a future sand box" or "Your Junk is our Treasure!" and I wanted to put a sign that said "This is my work out tool." Needless to say I put it on my landscaping trailer before we went out of town. I have yet to get rid of our junk. We also told the neighbors that if they had junk they could bring it to our house because we our making our yard into a big junk yard.  They all laughed and wondered why they didn't get a notice too! 
So here is our eyesore of a pile of junk!  Our awesome tractor tire!  The letter from the city told us that they like residents to keep their yards clean in order to keep property values of the surrounding homes up.  So in other words the property values in our neighborhood were going down dramatically all because of our tire!!  Yeah pretty crazy huh!  Well just so you all know for future reference we are junky people!!!!!

No comments: